Now official: Colts acquire Matt Ryan from Falcons for 3rd round pick. Falcons sign Mariota.

BillsMafi$

AFC is going to be loaded from top to bottom, and in the AFCS you get the sense that there very well only be one team that gets to the playoffs from that division this year given the strength of the other 3 divisions in terms of WC's.

With that said, this is a move that could pay big dividends for the Colts especially if the change of scenery angle revitalizes Ryan's career. He really only needs to be a pseudo game manager type of QB in Indy behind their physical running game and defense for this to work.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I was a big Matt Ryan fan in his day. He is done. That said, upgrade on Carson Wentz. 

Although he is at the last of his career, he may do much better with Colts than ATL. Colts have best the #1 or #2 RB (depending who you ask) in the league along with better weapons at WR/ TE. Also still will be in a dome. 

Agree definite upgrade from Wentz, 

11 minutes ago, Mango said:

If I am Indy and have lost out on every other offseason QB, I think it is an easy decision. You upgrade Wentz for less money and it costs a 7th.

Yes I agree

i was thinking top picks when I read it, definitely later rounds make sense

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Rivers to Ryan is a lateral move at this point. 

Even if that's the case the Colts were a playoff team under those circumstances a few years ago, one that outplayed the Bills for the most part and could have easily won that game in Buffalo too.

With that said the conference might be too loaded for the Colts to make noise this year unless Ryan has an MVP type of season there.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Even if that's the case the Colts were a playoff team under those circumstances a few years ago, one that outplayed the Bills for the most part and could have easily won that game in Buffalo too.

With that said the conference might be too loaded for the Colts to make noise this year unless Ryan has an MVP type of season there.

If Ryan has any gas in the tank, there probably isn't a better situation in the league for him to show it. 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Shefter said on radio that a team asked the Browns for a draft pick - from them - to take him 

I don’t know why the browns would be picky about where he goes 

What a fall.. from #1 overall to "hey, I guess we'll take him but you'll have to make it worth our while"

Just now, Virgil said:

Where does Baker go now?

If I am Seattle I would have to think about it. 

Obviously a hole in Atlanta now. 

Maybe the Saints? Hell, if I am TB I might actually consider it, just to have him behind Brady for a year and try to plan for the future. But I probably immediately restructure to drive the dollar amount down. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.