Now official: Colts acquire Matt Ryan from Falcons for 3rd round pick. Falcons sign Mariota.

BillsMafi$

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Same reason Philly traded for Sam Bradford. Baker is a competent qb and everyone thinks they can rehab a top pick. What was the name of the long neck qb the Bears signed to a huge deal like 10 years ago?  Teams are dumb and desperate a dangerous combo

I mean the Browns aren’t going to keep him

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wow, that Colts organization is a mess with the QB.

Luck never looked back---with good reason.

If Luck announces his retirement a little sooner, the colts would have been prime candidates to draft Josh Allen…or Sam Darnold…

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Why would anyone trade picks for Mayfield?

Why - because he is young and at least a mid-level QB and the last time a team pissed him off - he took his ball from TT to Oklahoma and won a heisman trophy and took his team into the CFB playoffs.

He is better when playing the underdog/lesser role.

If you can get that for a 3rd or 4th and get maybe a couple of better picks for Ryan - it is win/win.

Just now, Rochesterfan said:

Why - because he is young and at least a mid-level QB and the last time a team pissed him off - he took his ball from TT to Oklahoma and won a heisman trophy and took his team into the CFB playoffs.

He is better when playing the underdog/lesser role.

If you can get that for a 3rd or 4th and get maybe a couple of better picks for Ryan - it is win/win.

Ah ok a third or fourth rounder sure, I agree👍

10 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Agree. They are not getting much for him knowing that the 5th year option is $18m and the team then has to make a decision on him. The only way they could drive up the price pick wise is to do a new deal with him, then trade him.... but that gets hideously complicated, especially when the relationship between team and player has broken down. Is it impossible? No, but I don't think it is likely. Same as the Darnold situation in Carolina. The Browns have the added complication that everyone knows with Watson there and Brissett there they are moving on from Baker. So teams could very well just sit out and wait for him to be cut. The only picks you are getting for Baker in this situation is a day 3 pick from a team who doesn't think they'd be front of the queue if he was cut. Atlanta? Seattle maybe? The Saints possibly? It is hard to find spots. 

1 minute ago, CapeBreton said:

It would be so frustrating to be a Colts fan since Luck retired. The rest of their team is really good but every year they have a mediocre QB. 

And worse, for most of the time they had Luck they had a really good QB but a mediocre team. They built the team around him just in time for him to retire. 

• Like (+1) 2

Man, the Colts keep trying the Elway theory and blowing it.   You can’t get guys that have never been greats and expect greatness when they are 40 years old. 

If they give up any real assets for him, their GM should be fired.  I could see a flier on Mayfield, giving Mariota another shot, Minshew, whatever, but Matty’s Corpse is on Ice at this point.   Just a bad move.  Love to see it from a team that’s built to contend.

20 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

If I am Indy and have lost out on every other offseason QB, I think it is an easy decision. You upgrade Wentz for less money and it costs a 7th.

12 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

His salary is guaranteed - so even if it is a 7th - the Browns want to trade rather than keep him - get something back and limit where he can go.

Shefter said on radio that a team asked the Browns for a draft pick - from them - to take him 

I don’t know why the browns would be picky about where he goes 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.