Now official: Colts acquire Matt Ryan from Falcons for 3rd round pick. Falcons sign Mariota.

BillsMafi$

• BillsMafi$ changed the title to Colts /falcons working on finalizing deal for Matt Ryan

"Are you on your way to the Quarterback graveyard? Want one more shot at playing in the NFL? You need Chris the Colt! Just one quick call from your agent to Chris the Colt and he will spring into action with a 1 year deal for your broken down body to throw 5 yard passes and hand the ball off to the best back in football." 

This advertisment is paid for by Chris Ballard, General Manager, Indianapolis Colts. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

Who goes to Atlanta? Did I miss something?

I would assume with the picks from this - they (along with Seattle and NO) will be reaching out to Cleveland for Baker.

I would assume Cleveland wanted to avoid an AFC trade as they are looking at Wildcard seating - so swing Ryan to Indy and use the picks for Mayfield.  

That would be my thought.  Get Younger and better and maybe make out with an extra pick.

2 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I would assume with the picks from this - they (along with Seattle and NO) will be reaching out to Cleveland for Baker.

I would assume Cleveland wanted to avoid an AFC trade as they are looking at Wildcard seating - so swing Ryan to Indy and use the picks for Mayfield.  

That would be my thought.  Get Younger and better and maybe make out with an extra pick.

Why would anyone trade picks for Mayfield?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Why would anyone trade picks for Mayfield?

Same reason Philly traded for Sam Bradford. Baker is a competent qb and everyone thinks they can rehab a top pick. What was the name of the long neck qb the Bears signed to a huge deal like 10 years ago?  Teams are dumb and desperate a dangerous combo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.