Bills sign Duke Johnson!!

BillsMafi$

2 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Well when we have a scrambling Josh on a designed run play that breaks a few ribs, don’t come crying to me. I appreciate Allen as a runner, but it’s a stupid risk considering what he means to this team. Just get a speed work horse RB that can do it all. 

Gonna take more than a few injured ribs to keep our monster off the field 

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Devin Singletary is a darn good RB. He is averaging 4.7 yards for his career and you saw what he can do when the Bills OL was stabilized later in the year.

So, the Bills only need a backup RB that can catch the ball and pass block. Duke does both well.

But I will bet that the Bills draft a RB somewhere late in the draft.

Anyways, this is Allen's team and the Bills won't be running much. 

As long as the OL is stable, the Bills can easily get by with what they have at RB right now.

Bingo

50 minutes ago, Putin said:

Exactly who the F is MCKissick anyway? 
I like Duke 10 times better!!! 

I thought it was Mckenzie!

6 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Camp body. I'd rather have a 3rd or 4th round pick out there as Singletary's backup.

I don't know about that...I wouldn't label him as just a "camp body" at all. The 3rd or 4th round pick you'd rather have could end up as the "camp body", or either ST. 

Just now, nucci said:

what if Johnson is better? Sometimes rookie RBs don't know how to block or read blitzes

Yup, also he could even beat out Moss. It should be interesting to see how it plkays out...

22 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Do people realize he's faster than McKissick and has significantly higher yards per reception average?

Looking at his tape from last season is pretty impressive. And 28 isn't exactly 35 yr old Frank Gore. I could see Duke get 30-40% of the touches. Moss and/or Brieda will be gone.

I looked at their stats.  Johnson has been in the league 1 more year, but has 12 more total TDs, a similar YPC, a higher YPR, and he's a month younger.  They should have gone after him first.

Edited by Doc

3 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Yeah, can find a Jonathan Taylor and a Derrick Henry all over the place. Lol . Do you know what a Jonathan Taylor would mean for this team? Why wouldn’t any sane fan want that? 

I know he was a 2nd round pick, but an upper 2nd round pick. Likely where Breece Hall is going to go. We either take him, trade down, or trade up into the 2nd. 

Not much really.  When you have Josh Allen you're never going to be a strong running team as you're best way to gain yards is through the air.  If Taylor was on the Bills he'd be lucky if he had 1/3 or the yards he's had as he'd been given the ball much less.

I'd take Johnson's blocking ability in the back field over some rookie if you're so worried about Allen getting hurt.  Also pass catching.  For the most part rookie RB's are great at one thing, taking the handoff, blocking catching passes takes time to develop those skills at an NFL level.

4 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

It is a fine signing.  

As people should know by now - Beane does not like to go into the draft with any major holes that dictate what he needs.

This is the RB fill position and allows if BPA is RB - so be it, but if it is CB or WR - we are not forced to over draft.

Don't we pretty much have to draft a CB in the first couple rounds if not in round 1?  Seems that's a pretty gaping hole for us right now.

5 hours ago, StHustle said:

Won't be nowhere near what JD would've been. May not make the team.

For their similar length careers, Duke Johnson has a 20% higher yds/trgt, 20% more of his targets result in first downs, has a higher yards after catch/rec and a higher QB rating when targeted.

What is McKissic supposedly better at?

P.S. They both ran slow 4.59 at the combine. Johnson was disgusted and knew he was faster than that, ran 4.47 at his pro day.

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.