Bills sign OL Greg Mancz (1 year deal)

ExWNYer

4 hours ago, freddyjj said:

They do need backups.  And unlikely OBD loses Bates as we have right to match any offer.  It likely comes down to whether Dorsey and Kromer want Bates in new scheme more than anything else.

you just front load any offer and you get him 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Has some position flex, he played center, guard and even a bit of right tackle in Houston. He is the kind of vet depth piece that if you don't find a young interior player in the draft could stick around as an 8th or 9th OL on the roster. He isn't good, but he isn't going to be a complete liability. Think Russell Bodine. 

Yea bodine was very very average

Edited by Buffalo716

41 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

My best friend from college gave his mother a tennis lesson this morning. I now feel a very deep and personal connection and I know this will be the signing of the offseason for us. This one finally brings us the TROPHY!  :)

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yea bodine was very very average

Yea it is that level of player you are getting here. The difference is we ended up relying on Bodine as a starter, Mancz is going to be a backup if he makes the roster (and that depends on who we draft IMO).

14 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Camp body. I hope he never has to see the field in any game that counts. Bates is bad, but Mancz is still worse. If we don't seriously upgrade the right side of our OL, we could get Josh killed back there.

I don't think you fully appreciate the effect Bates had on the offense once he came in. The Bills were hoping to go cheap but if they lose him, we're definitely going to have to consider drafting a starter in the first couple rounds. That's not nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

He played with Miami last year so this may be his lunch pail...

image.png.f19c93ac6da4bcc039842e618d2bb0fa.png

I had this exact lunch box in elementary school. The older kids made fun of it. So my Mom got me a Casper the Friendly Ghost one to replace it. That didn't work.

59 minutes ago, Augie said:

My best friend from college gave his mother a tennis lesson this morning. I now feel a very deep and personal connection and I know this will be the signing of the offseason for us. This one finally brings us the TROPHY!  :)

I'm not sure what I was expecting but your post was ultimately a bit of a let down.

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

I had this exact lunch box in elementary school. The older kids made fun of it. So my Mom got me a Casper the Friendly Ghost one to replace it. That didn't work.

I'm not sure what I was expecting but your post was ultimately a bit of a let down.

A) I’m glad it wasn’t high school, and…….

B) This is NOT Penthouse Forum (that I have heard of from other people). 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Sierra Foothills said:

If you still had it, it would fetch a pretty penny. That one ('Vintage 1966') is going for upwards of $150 on eBay.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

If you still had it, it would fetch a pretty penny. That one ('Vintage 1966') is going for upwards of $150 on eBay.

That would pay for only a small fraction of my shrink bills from the PTSD the lunchbox caused me when the older kids bullied poor little old me! It happened at the bus stop every morning... 😢

• Haha (+1) 2

On 3/21/2022 at 2:04 PM, GunnerBill said:

Has some position flex, he played center, guard and even a bit of right tackle in Houston. He is the kind of vet depth piece that if you don't find a young interior player in the draft could stick around as an 8th or 9th OL on the roster. He isn't good, but he isn't going to be a complete liability. Think Russell Bodine. 

So that means better/worse than Ford/Feliciano/Boettger?

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

I think also this is your starting RG if the Bills chose not to match a Bates offer (if it comes). At least until draft when the likely young prospect comes sometime during that draft. 

I hope not. I'd rather bring in a Trai Turner, Ereck Flowers, or Quinton Spain type for cheap instead of this guy. Maybe even bring back Williams. 

Edited by MWK

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I think also this is your starting RG if the Bills chose not to match a Bates offer (if it comes). At least until draft when the likely young prospect comes sometime during that draft. 

I think Beane is back shopping if Bates walks…he has $2.3 M to spend if he doesn’t have to pay this to Bates which is probably enough to sign two more bargain bin types like this guy…

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.