Joe Haden… I think he’s our guy at CB2

GolfandBills

We need CBs  bad. We have Tre but if ain’t ready to go we need a guy with experience to man his spot until he’s ready. Fully expect them to take a guy round 1 and possibly 2. Dane Jackson hasn’t shown enough to be handed that job going into camp,  neither has anyone else left on our roster. Hayden is a good option in my opinion. Rather them go get Gilmore but I don’t see it happening with all we have done so far. 

21 hours ago, BananaB said:

We need CBs  bad. We have Tre but if ain’t ready to go we need a guy with experience to man his spot until he’s ready. Fully expect them to take a guy round 1 and possibly 2. Dane Jackson hasn’t shown enough to be handed that job going into camp,  neither has anyone else left on our roster. Hayden is a good option in my opinion. Rather them go get Gilmore but I don’t see it happening with all we have done so far. 

There's close to zero chance White is going to be ready at the start of the season coming off an ACL that happened just last Thanksgiving. He may not even be close to the same player he was until 2023 (if ever again) regardless of when he returns this year.

This is why it's befuddling we have not signed anybody yet given the current depth chart at DB and can't simply be relying on rookies in the draft to start at such a crucial position.

38 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

There's close to zero chance White is going to be ready at the start of the season coming off an ACL that happened just last Thanksgiving. He may not even be close to the same player he was until 2023 (if ever again) regardless of when he returns this year.

This is why it's befuddling we have not signed anybody yet given the current depth chart at DB and can't simply be relying on rookies in the draft to start at such a crucial position.

A) I certainly hope Tre’s outlook is not as bleak as the picture you painted.

B) In Beane We Trust

I am 100% confident that he has a plan. If not, he would have found a way to keep Levi around. 

• Agree 1

On 3/21/2022 at 1:27 PM, Heathcliff said:

We still have Griffin, Harris, Lewis, McCloud, and Neal beyond T. Johnson, Tre, and Jackson currently on the roster. Is it possible one of these guys is ready to step it up?  Are we automatically assuming a draft pick (other than round 1 of course) will be better?  We as fans have limited opportunity to see and critique these guys. The coaching staff on the other hand may know something we don’t?  Trust the process for me. 

This is definitely NOT how most Bills fans are thinking about the CB depth chart with an injured Tre White. But thank you for listing the current stable of CBs...anyone see a guy or two here that COULD ascend as a temporary plug?

I know Lewis is a tenacious tackler, but smallish. More of a fit inside? Griffon I've never watched. Harris and McCloud I got nothin. Love Siran Neal, but not necessarily outside for any length of time. Thoughts?

Edited by Richard Noggin

Haden could come in on a 1 year deal if he's willing to take a sweetheart deal. He'd fill in at CB alongside our new Draft Pick while Tre is out and provide depth off the bench when Tre returns.

But CB2 WILL be a Draft Pick. Jot it down in pen. Most likely in Round 1 and at least via a trade up in Round 2, as I don't think there's one available at 57 that you could start right away.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

8 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Not sure why people keep saying this.  8 to 9 months is new norm for full recovery and some are coming back sooner.  Dude has been in facilities every day since the injury so I'd guess he's cleared to practice by July. 

1 hour ago, Richard Noggin said:

This is definitely NOT how most Bills fans are thinking about the CB depth chart with an injured Tre White. But thank you for listing the current stable of CBs...anyone see a guy or two here that COULD ascend as a temporary plug?

I know Lewis is a tenacious tackler, but smallish. More of a fit inside? Griffon I've never watched. Harris and McCloud I got nothin. Love Siran Neal, but not necessarily outside for any length of time. Thoughts?

Honestly I don’t know which one may be ready to step up.  That is my point as we have never really seen these guys, other than Neal. 

15 minutes ago, Heathcliff said:

Honestly I don’t know which one may be ready to step up.  That is my point as we have never really seen these guys, other than Neal. 

Same, unfortunately. Anyone else remember 2021 camp footage of a few one-on-ones where Neal was effective? Either way, I think he's best suited as an inside guy. I've seen a couple healthy plays out of Lewis that I didn't hate (mostly just remembering him being aggressive/impressive in run support, but also hurting himself).

Otherwise, I got nothin. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.