New York Giants - Buffalo Bills Connection EDIT: Buffalo Bond?

JGMcD2

Since we’ve discussed the Carolina Connection here to exhaustion… figured I’d point out the very apparent pipeline that has started to form in the Meadowlands. 

5 years later, Joe Schoen and Brian Daboll are following a familiar blue print with the Giants in year 1. Clean up the salary cap and bring in familiar fringe players who they’ve spent time with in their previous stop. 

Buffalo —> New York (2022)

G Jon Feliciano

QB Tyrod Taylor 

P Jamie Gillian 

WR Robert Foster

QB Davis Webb

WR David Sills

RB Antonio Williams 

WR Austin Proehl

G Jamil Douglas 

RB Matt Breida 

Carolina -> Buffalo (2017)

FB Mike Tolbert
DE Ryan Davis
WR Philly Brown
CB Leonard Johnson
WR Kaelin Clay
QB/ST Joe Webb
WR Kelvin Benjamin
S L.J. McCray
S Dean Marlowe

I am curious to see how they draft this year, being gifted a pair of Top 10 picks. With no QB worth taking, I wonder if they trade back to acquire ammo for 2023?

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

23 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Since we’ve discussed the Carolina Connection here to exhaustion… figured I’d point out the very apparent pipeline that has started to form in the Meadowlands. 

5 years later, Joe Schoen and Brian Daboll are following a familiar blue print with the Giants in year 1. Clean up the salary cap and bring in familiar fringe players who they’ve spent time with in their previous stop. 

Buffalo —> New York (2022)

G Jon Feliciano

QB Tyrod Taylor 

P Jamie Gillian 

WR Robert Foster

QB Davis Webb

WR David Sills

RB Antonio Williams 

WR Austin Proehl

G Jamil Douglas 

Carolina -> Buffalo (2017)

FB Mike Tolbert
DE Ryan Davis
WR Philly Brown
CB Leonard Johnson
WR Kaelin Clay
QB/ST Joe Webb
WR Kelvin Benjamin
S L.J. McCray
S Dean Marlowe

I am curious to see how they draft this year, being gifted a pair of Top 10 picks. With no QB worth taking, I wonder if they trade back to acquire ammo for 2023?

Tyrod was gone as soon as Daboll was Bills OC

Sills never played a game for the Bills. He’s been in the Giants organization since 2019.

Proehl also was waived without playing a game. Was PS. 

Edited by Mr. WEO

18 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Watch Antonio Williams be fantastic if/when he gets a chance.

He's solid but he will never be more than a rotation guy 

He might not even make the roster 

He's a great camp guy who has some game.. when all is said and done he'll probably push for the #3 job in camp

Edited by Buffalo716

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Tyrod was gone as soon as Daboll was Bills OC

Sills never played a game for the Bills. He’s been in the Giants organization since 2019.

Proehl also was waived without playing a game. Was PS. 

Ok? Tyrod was in Buffalo with Schoen.

Sills was signed by Schoen as a UDFA. He did the leg work. It’s on one of the Embedded episodes. Schoen and Daboll also made the decision to re-sign him on March 11th of this year. 

LJ McCray was waived without ever playing a game for Carolina. Clay was traded to Buffalo without ever playing in a game for Carolina.

I never said the players were impact guys with their former team, or supposed to make a difference with their new team. I was pointing out a pattern. What’s your point? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 2

• JGMcD2 changed the title to New York Giants - Buffalo Bills Connection EDIT: Buffalo Bond?
1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea Sills has been at the Giants long before Schoen and Daboll. Don't think he really counts. 

But otherwise there is a definite pattern if bringint in guys they have familiarity with. Let's see how many of them make the team. Lot of PS fodder there I feel. 

Schoen and Daboll made a conscious decision to re-sign Sills on March 11th. 

13 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Schoen and Daboll made a conscious decision to re-sign Sills on March 11th. 

Yea but re-signing exclusive rights free agent practice squad players is pretty much a gimme. Don't think their prior experience with him will have had had any impact on that decision 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea but re-signing exclusive rights free agent practice squad players is pretty much a gimme. Don't think their prior experience with him will have had had any impact on that decision 

The Giants had 5 EFRA and tendered contracts to 2. 

It’s different when you have a new regime. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.