Who do you think Bills pick first in the draft and why do you think that player?

Wizard

I think Roger McCready, CB from Auburn. I believe he will be one of the highest rated CB’s when Bills pick.

Why Him?

• The obvious need for a CB and coaching staff strength in utilizing/maximizing talent in this area
  • He is viewed as a late first/early second talent. Good height, 6’2 and SEC experience against quality WR’s.
  • Publications and websites list his coverage skills and footwork as best traits.
  • Chiefs, Titans, Chargers, Raiders, and Browns all improved WR units.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

With the 25th pick in the 2022 draft, the Buffalo Bills select………….some guy I’ve never heard of. 

I trust our guys to do better research than I am capable of. I’m guessing best CB available, followed by WR with some OL thrown in after that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Gun to my head I'll predict Daxton Hill, the DB from Michigan. He would be a versatile chess piece for our secondary, I imagine McDermott and Frazier would love finding ways to use him all over the field. He has elite athletic traits which is the one thing this secondary is missing. He ran a 4.38 40 which would immediately make him our fastest DB. He has some weaknesses in his mental game but will just be turning 21 in September so he has a lot of room to grow. It just strikes me as a McDermott/Beane type pick.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wizard said:

I think Roger McCready, CB from Auburn. I believe he will be one of the highest rated CB’s when Bills pick.

Why Him?

• The obvious need for a CB and coaching staff strength in utilizing/maximizing talent in this area
  • He is viewed as a late first/early second talent. Good height, 6’2 and SEC experience against quality WR’s.
  • Publications and websites list his coverage skills and footwork as best traits.

Unless McCreary has grown 3 inches since being at Auburn he's 5'11".  If I had a choice between McCreary and Gordon I'd take Gordon but I'm of the idea that a CB in rd 1 is good idea.

Best CB or WR available followed by the other position followed by OL, then back to corner….

We need two of the following right now: CB, WR, OL…. And you could argue three CBs….easy.

Prepare for this D to get burned early and often. It’s what they do later in the season and the playoffs that really matters.

I really hope we don’t lose games early that stops us from attaining the #1 seed….

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Olof Pilar.

Just kidding. We need a CB, but I think Beane put us in a position to take BPA, even it's a DE like Jermaine Johnson. God I hope BPA isn't a RB.

No he didn’t! We need three CBs right now….If we were to sign a starter we could draft a WR first and a corner second (and another later). In fact, we always have a clear need. QB, DT, DE, DE and because of this we may have drafted sub-optimal DEs, we don’t know yet…. But that’s a complete fallacy that he always lets us go BPA….

This year it’s CB (right now.)

2 hours ago, Wizard said:

Why Him?

So when did Brandon Beane start drafting for need in the first?  It’s so funny that most of you are so confident it will be a corner. Beane has never been transparent about anything. Taking the fifth corner off the board just because you need one is a bad use of a premium resource. 

And mccreary is 5’11”, not 6’2”. He also has sub 30” arms. His best trait is his tackling, but those arms worry me. Don’t want him at all. 

Edited by whorlnut
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I really need to see how the rest of free agency plays out.

If they sign a viable veteran CB like Bryce Callahan or Joe Haden, I think they’ll take a WR in the first (Olave, Williams, or Dotson. Gun to my head, I’ll say Dotson).

If they sign a viable WR like Jamison Crowder, I think they’ll take a CB in the first (McDuffie, Booth, Elam. Gun to my head? Booth…if he’s there).

If they sign both a CB and WR or neither, then I think they’ll pick whichever CB or WR is highest on their board. One way or another, I think CB and WR will be the first two picks, followed by an interior lineman.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Gun to my head I'll predict Daxton Hill, the DB from Michigan. He would be a versatile chess piece for our secondary, I imagine McDermott and Frazier would love finding ways to use him all over the field. He has elite athletic traits which is the one thing this secondary is missing. He ran a 4.38 40 which would immediately make him our fastest DB. He has some weaknesses in his mental game but will just be turning 21 in September so he has a lot of room to grow. It just strikes me as a McDermott/Beane type pick.

I like the guy, but he's a Safety/Hybrid Nickel. He's not an Outside Corner. And he'd be a reach at 25.

In all seriousness…start listening to the rumors and what Beane is saying. And then go the total opposite dissection. Last year, so many were convinced we were taking Travis ettienne. Now, he wasn’t available, but word is he wanted Rousseau all along anyways. 

Just who exactly is the McReady character that stands 6'2? Ha jk. 

McReary is definitely a McBeane type player. I think the 1st round pick will be cb for sure. I like McDuffie, Booth and McReary, in that order. I could see them going cb 2 out of the first 3 rounds, maybe grabbing someone like Alonte Taylor in the 3rd. 

• Vomit 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.