With the addition of Saffold & OJ Howard to the roster will the Bill play more 12 & 22 personnel?

BuffaloBill

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

? did injuries derail Hodgkins this past off - season?  I thought he just got cut and put onto practice squad, no injuries.

It's Hodgins without the k - Hodgkins is a terrible disease.

Hodgins dealt with a knee injury late in camp and failed to secure a spot on Buffalo's 53-man roster, but he'll remain in the organization as part of the practice squad.

The knee issue emerged for Hodgins in the team's first preseason game Aug. 13, and he has yet to retake the field. Hodgins had some momentum with strong reviews from the coaching staff regarding his play at OTAs and early on in training camp. However, this injury seemingly puts his roster spot in jeopardy, as he's also competing with Jake Kumerow and Marquez Stevenson for a role among the receiver corps.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/2783899/isaiah-hodgins/

I think they'll establish a power running scheme with some deep play-action concepts. I don't think it'll be the primary scheme, but just another weapon in the arsenal and a way to attack teams that don't matchup well there. Dorsey strikes me a smart play caller. We'll see. 

1 hour ago, JaBu said:

It's Hodgins without the k - Hodgkins is a terrible disease.

Hodgins dealt with a knee injury late in camp and failed to secure a spot on Buffalo's 53-man roster, but he'll remain in the organization as part of the practice squad.

The knee issue emerged for Hodgins in the team's first preseason game Aug. 13, and he has yet to retake the field. Hodgins had some momentum with strong reviews from the coaching staff regarding his play at OTAs and early on in training camp. However, this injury seemingly puts his roster spot in jeopardy, as he's also competing with Jake Kumerow and Marquez Stevenson for a role among the receiver corps.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/2783899/isaiah-hodgins/

Thanks for the info on the injury in camp.  I'd forgotten that

I would have to say though if the guy has had 2 years on the team, and been injured both years, even if they see him as promising it would be foolish to count on him as a contributor

Please consider that autocorrect is a thing, and people do not necessarily require medical instruction over spelling errors

1 hour ago, ßookie_tech said:

I think they'll establish a power running scheme with some deep play-action concepts. I don't think it'll be the primary scheme, but just another weapon in the arsenal and a way to attack teams that don't matchup well there. Dorsey strikes me a smart play caller. We'll see. 

Agree on play-action, but "power running scheme" implies a MAN or GAP blocking scheme, rather than the ZONE (and more specifically OUTSIDE ZONE) scheme the Bills will be featuring prominently under Dorsey and Kromer. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Agree on play-action, but "power running scheme" implies a MAN or GAP blocking scheme, rather than the ZONE (and more specifically OUTSIDE ZONE) scheme the Bills will be featuring prominently under Dorsey and Kromer. 

Aha. I guess what I meant was more heavy package looks. 2 and maybe even 3 TE looks, when Doyle checks in as TE. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.