A poor man's Patterson (Laviska Shenault Jr.)

filthymcnasty08

Looks like the new Jax regime has no use for Laviska Shenault.  He's only 23.  He has the size/tools similar to a Cordarrelle Patterson/Deebo Samuel.  Can run it out of the backfield, screens/sweeps and is a good short/middle area target with YAC upside.  

Has had issues getting open and drops. 

2y in league and 2 awful humans as HC (2 losing systems):  Marrone/Urban Meyer 

Could be a change of scenery to a winning org that lights the fire on his skillset.  

Could also be our 2 TE system and McKenzie eclipse anything we could do with him.  

Interesting weapon for an imaginative scheme

No mentions yet of the price tag Jax has on him.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

He’d be good here, I think.

I don’t believe a 7th round pick gets it done. Woods was cheap because he’s a salary dump, soon-to-be 30 year old coming off a torn ACL.

Shenault is two seasons removed from being a 1st round pick, is young and healthy cheap labor.

If they’d take a mid round pick, say a 4th, I’d be in. Talented guy.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

If we're looking at a "traditional" wr, I've always liked Jamison Crowder. He's definitely not a #1 type, but I think he would do a lot better than Sanders did here. Should be cheap enough too.

Then, draft a WR in the mid rounds, unless a stud falls to us in rounds 2-3.

Edited by Dopey
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Logic said:

I don’t believe a 7th round pick gets it done. Woods was cheap because he’s a salary dump, soon-to-be 30 year old coming off a torn ACL.

Shenault is two seasons removed from being a 1st round pick, is young and healthy cheap labor.

Considering Shenault’s stats and Davis’ stats are almost identical with Davis having over twice as many TD’s, maybe a 5th? 

I have little interest in a receiver who can't get open. Maybe he'll switch to being mainly a rb like Patterson. He's still had some production as a receiver in his first two seasons and may be able to improve his route running. 

Edited by Allen2Diggs
  • Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Logic said:

He definitely wasn’t a 1st round pick.

The Bills will probably look to replace some of Beasley’s production which is someone who can get open - produce a relatively high volume of catches who you can trust on third down to make a play.

Laviska is not that guy.   If McKenzie hadn’t of signed with the Bills then having that gadget role may have been available for a Laviska sort of player.    

I could be wrong but I don’t think they go this route.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

If Robert Woods is getting a 6th, I’d offer them a 7th. 

The return for woods was only a 6 because his cap hit is huge and he's coming off an acl tear.

This guy is much younger and much cheaper, so it would take a lot more than a 7th to get him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.