Bills have the highest payroll in NFL

YoloinOhio

Who pays the most money depends too much on how GMs want to pay out contracts. We have one of the larger payrolls because we are going for a Super Bowl trophy as we should with the best QB in the NFL….

But thank you, Pegulas as he didn’t have to do that…. Allen would fill the Ralph on his own….

In fact, I’m really surprised we weren’t able to get an up and coming WR on the cheap from a QBless team….To sign a one deal to get his numbers way up and go for a huge contract. I guess there was no one like that?

The Oakland A's had the highest payroll in Baseball in 1991.

Moneyball NFL is coming to Buffalo. Get ready for players who become superstars, then traded or allowed to sign with other teams for prospects who become superstars, rinse/repeat, and a team that's good in the regular season, but doesn't win anything in the playoffs.

If Billy Beane is hired by the Bills, I'm becoming a Dolphins or Patriot's fan.

9 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

In fact, I’m really surprised we weren’t able to get an up and coming WR on the cheap from a QBless team….To sign a one deal to get his numbers way up and go for a huge contract. I guess there was no one like that?

I'm afraid the shopping spree is over but I think Marquez Valdes-Scantling would be a nice get depending on the cost.

He's 6'4" 206 and ran a 4.37 at the combine.

Unless you count OJ Howard in this regard (I don't), the Bills did not improve their team speed. I think it's important that they do so on both sides of the ball.

9 hours ago, Draconator said:

The Oakland A's had the highest payroll in Baseball in 1991.

Moneyball NFL is coming to Buffalo. Get ready for players who become superstars, then traded or allowed to sign with other teams for prospects who become superstars, rinse/repeat, and a team that's good in the regular season, but doesn't win anything in the playoffs.

If Billy Beane is hired by the Bills, I'm becoming a Dolphins or Patriot's fan.

I’m an A’s fan and this season is going to be ugly.  Another snag on the new stadium, too.  I believe the odds are moving back towards Vegas.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BobbyC81 said:

I’m an A’s fan and this season is going to be ugly.  Another snag on the new stadium, too.  I believe the odds are moving back towards Vegas.

I did send Dave Kaval an email about the possibility of the A's moving to Buffalo. 

He never replied...

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

I'm afraid the shopping spree is over but I think Marquez Valdes-Scantling would be a nice get depending on the cost.

He's 6'4" 206 and ran a 4.37 at the combine.

Unless you count OJ Howard in this regard (I don't), the Bills did not improve their team speed. I think it's important that they do so on both sides of the ball.

11 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

In 4 years he has 18 receptions of 40 or more yards.

Certainly has all the physical tools and speed. However, it is a little concerning that he has a career catch rate of 49% - with Aaron Rodgers as his QB

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Certainly has all the physical tools and speed. However, it is a little concerning that he has a career catch rate of 49% - with Aaron Rodgers as his QB

It is absolutely a concern.

MVS could be a guy who never develops the fine polish needed to be a legit starter. However as a guy who can stretch the field and open it up for others he would be a great fit.

Also, when you have a QB like Josh Allen, I think you need a receiver who can consistently take the top off a defense. In that regard there are no doubts about him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.