Bills trade 7th rnd pick for backup Case Keenum

Hebert19

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

My only concern with Keenum as a backup is that I looked through his NFL history and he's been 100% a WCO type of QB.

For those who don't know, there are two main lineages of NFL offenses West Coast and Erhardt-Perkins, and while they both run many of the same play concepts, the verbiage used to describe and call the plays is very different.  While in theory, a smart QB should be able to map the new terminology onto his existing knowledge, in practice it's apparently a helluva lotta work, so veteran backups who bounce around the league tend to stay in one or the other system.

So he’s unable to learn a new system?

3 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Yolo - any info why they didn’t just keep Keenum?

This is just an educated guess and I'm not Yolo, but my thinking is that Brissett may be closer to Watson in playing style (he has some wheels).

It may also be a chemistry thing, maybe Brissett trains off season with some of the same guys as Watson and they've developed a rapore.

2 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

So he’s unable to learn a new system?

Where did I say that?  Jeebus.  I think I wrote what I meant in reasonably plain English: "While in theory, a smart QB should be able to map the new terminology onto his existing knowledge, in practice it's apparently a helluva lotta work, so veteran backups who bounce around the league tend to stay in one or the other system."

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This is just an educated guess and I'm not Yolo, but my thinking is that Brissett may be closer to Watson in playing style (he has some wheels).

It may also be a chemistry thing, maybe Brissett trains off season with some of the same guys as Watson and they've developed a rapore.

Has the inside track from Kraft on massage parlors.

17 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Keenum an ideal backup. Yes, his salary is high but he's great insurance. I'd still be okay drafting a kid too to develop too.

Signing Keenum and rumored intention to add Barkley is as close as you can get to Beane spelling out "Bills Will Not Draft a QB" in 10 foot high letters on a beach.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.