Spitballing on RB target for Bills

MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

I agree with him on the 2 corner need.   Tre isnt a lock to start the season then you also need a guy that can compete with Jackson and whoever loses that battle will be the back up guy outside   

That’s fair.  Knowing McB, I expect Mccloud, Griffen and Cam Lewis to be called on.  I may give them the leg up in a competition over a 5-7th rd pick.  I expect one corner early, but a second not til later if at all.  McB has drafted how many corners? 1 in 3 drafts?  Considering our cap sitch, I don’t know if we spend on a corner.  I have no problems with adding more and more corners, I wish we would.  I just don’t think McB values the position very much tbh. 

There are also 5 CBs that are expected to get picked in the latter 1st Rd through the 2nd round… McDuffie ( highest rated ) Elam, Booth, McCreary ( more of a nickel back type imo) and Kyler Gordon ( should be there with pick 57 and the one I tend to like best ). I would rather go Breece Hall and get Gordon or potentially move up a few spots and get Elam or Booth if that’s who they covet. I don’t think McDuffie will last that long if he even makes it to pick 25.  

10 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

highest rated CB or WR please

Who? Pick one … at best it will be McDuffie .. who is rated behind Gardiner and Stingley..WR is not an area of weakness and is a luxury pick position… we have Diggs, Davis, Knox, McKenzie, Howard….a bigger and great all around RB with speed and receiving skills would compliment and make our offense that much better and potent. Adding a receiver such as Jameson Williams would be great but there are only so many balls to be thrown around.  

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

Who? Pick one … at best it will be McDuffie .. who is rated behind Gardiner and Stingley..WR is not an area of weakness and is a luxury pick position… we have Diggs, Davis, Knox, McKenzie, Howard….a bigger and great all around RB with speed and receiving skills would compliment and make our offense that much better and potent. Adding a receiver such as Jameson Williams would be great but there are only so many balls to be thrown around.  

Don't care who just give me the best one we can get

I think some similar type of 3rd down backs to J.D. McKissic are Giovanni Bernard, Duke Johnson and Jerrick McKinnon, all of which will most likely cost the same cap wise. I don't want to say there is 0 chance we take a RB with our 1st 3 picks but I'd say there is a .0001 % chance of it imo. I'm pretty sure Beane and co. view motor as the lead back and rightfully so, they have a nice power back in Zack Moss who should be healed up and a 3rd down back like 1 of these 3 will be a pretty solid group, add in a late round RB into the mix perhaps with speed and the ability to catch.

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel

17 hours ago, qwksilver said:

Trade down and a CB in FA or it doesn't happen. Unless he somehow falls to the 3rd round and that won't happen either.

I can't fathom a RB in 1st or 2nd round with CB as glaring a hole as it is. I could see CB in 1st and 2nd like last year's DE.

I get CB is one of, if not, the biggest need right now, but I can't see them going CB in the first 2 rounds. At some point this team has to stop putting most of its resources into the defense. 

I know we have the best QB in the league, but how much better would he be if the top draft picks(1st & 2nd rounders) were evenly spilt over McBeane's time here. I think you could get one of the better CBs and Breece Hall by selecting one or the other in the 1st and then trading up in the 2nd round to draft the other. Nows the time to do it. Get Josh a legit running threat and the offense will be unstoppable and Von Miller will be hunting QBs.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Magnum Force said:

I posted this in another section.. how would you feel if Kansas City drafted Breece Hall at pick 30? 

NFL Draft Bible has him mocked to the Bucs at 27

35 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

I think Tyler Goodson will definitely be on their radar early day 3 to make up for losing out on mckissic.

He’s small but explosive and caught 70 balls for 565 yards at Iowa.

The Bills need someone to tote the rock!! To prevent teams from playing the 2 high safety look

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.