Sal Capaccio Opines that Beane was acting "Emotionally" in signing Von Miller

BillsFan692

I am sure Sal has absolutely zero supporting evidence for this 'theory' yet he's floated it and now it's running wild. Sal seems to report it like it's a good thing: "Beanes emotions had him angry and he doubled down and got to work on signing Von Miller the very next day"  (After the JD McCissick crap). 

Even though sal seems to report it like it's a good thing, the obvious implication of making such a large decision 'emotionally' is that it's a bad move. So what do you guys think? Is Sal right and this was emotional reaction to missing out on JD, and/or possibly other issues like Chandler signing with Raiders or was it the right/smart move? 

Of course time will tell, but I'd like to hear your opinions -- I'm of the opinion that Beane is better than that and would not make such monumental decisions based on raw emotion.

Edited by BillsFan692
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 8
  • Dislike 1

When I heard Sal say this on radio he made it clear that it was his own opinion that Beane may have been extra motivated to get that deal done because what went down with mckissic. He said he has no knowledge of it actually being the case. So not really a rumor. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 11

Beane was upset with Washington and implied that they did some underhanded bush league stuff in terms of how things are supposed to be done in the NFL.

Said when you reach an agreement with a team and the agent tells the other teams the deal is done, you back off and the Commander's didn't do that. 

Could tell he wanted to say more about it but held his tongue and thought better of it.

So yeah, he was definitely upset with that.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Patience said:

I think it did probably tick him off that McKissic backed out, like it would any GM.  I don't think it had much of an impact on his feelings with respect to trying to sign Miller.  

Watch his presser and you can tell he was pissed about it because he said he heard that "It was done" with the WFT negotiations and then they went back on it.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

When I heard Sal say this on radio he made it clear that it was his own opinion that Beane may have been extra motivated to get that deal done because what went down with mckissic. He said he has no knowledge of it actually being the case. So not really a rumor. 

I agree 100% honestly. I wish Sal wasn't even 'reporting' that on the internet like it is some thing (he's making it one).

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

Watch his presser and you can tell he was pissed about it because he said he heard that "It was done" with the WFT negotiations and then they went back on it.

Oh 100% Beane is allowed to be pissed about JD McCissick

What bothers me is Sal's suggestion that Beane then went and (emotionally) made a deal for von miller. Beane was pissed about JD no doubt and 100% allowed to be. I refuse to believe that it made bean emotionally sign von miller.

Edited by BillsFan692
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It doesn’t really make much sense to me. I don’t really see what one has to do with the other.

Beane was so emotional after missing out on a #2 RB that he decided he absolutely had to sign a future hall of fame defensive linemen…? 🤷‍♂️

I think Beane has wanted Von Miller for a while (as he told us) and when Von was interested in signing here Beane made it a priority.

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I believe it.  I think, given the competitive nature of free agency and those involved, it would upset any GM to have this happen to their team.  I wouldn't think this would translate to an increased urgency to sign Miller.  Perhaps I could see it holding some water if the two played the same position, but here I don't see the connection. 

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If this is true, the Lord works in mysterious ways. I will praise St. McKissic forever. 😀

• Haha (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I honestly think he was emotional given who he was doing business with - it was his mentor, Marty Hurney. I don’t expect any deals with WFT anytime soon.

Wow that is really ***** up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Keep it professional but never forget.

1 hour ago, BillsFan692 said:

I am sure Sal has absolutely zero supporting evidence for this 'theory' yet he's floated it and now it's running wild. Sal seems to report it like it's a good thing: "Beanes emotions had him angry and he doubled down and got to work on signing Von Miller the very next day"  (After the JD McCissick crap). 

Even though sal seems to report it like it's a good thing, the obvious implication of making such a large decision 'emotionally' is that it's a bad move. So what do you guys think? Is Sal right and this was emotional reaction to missing out on JD, and/or possibly other issues like Chandler signing with Raiders or was it the right/smart move? 

Of course time will tell, but I'd like to hear your opinions -- I'm of the opinion that Beane is better than that and would not make such monumental decisions based on raw emotion.

I really think that's a bit of a misleading title.  It's really Sal Capaccio's opinion, and he acknowledged as much.

I would really doubt that it changed a hair of what Beane was willing to offer.  I'm sure he's very "best practices" and goes into a negotiation with an opening offer, a preferred deal, and an upper limit or something along those lines.

5 minutes ago, BattlinBill said:

It almost sounded to me like they would of had the money to keep Levi if they had know he was going to back out. Beans mentioned something about the money being tied up right after someone asked about Wallace leaving.

Yes, I think that's what Beane is pissed off about.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

• BillsFan692 changed the title to Sal Capaccio Opines that Beane was acting "Emotionally" in signing Von Miller
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.