Stefon Diggs Tweet...What you make of it?

Lost

7 minutes ago, Aross3415 said:

Hope this is not true…

25F524C7-189F-4E8D-A900-CD3393529A60.jpeg

If he agrees to leave to play for the panthers just for the "business side" then he only cares about money.   And for him to say he loves people like a brother and convinces Miller to come here only to chase $$$$ then he basically talks out of his '@ss' 

Edited by CaliBills

Just now, atlbillsfan1975 said:

If Beane did this I would trust his plan.

If he did accept t he trade I would think Mccaffrey might be involved in the trade… but I guess not… Then what trade for Metcalf if so or use that pick from panthers for a WR?? Would hate to see Diggs gone unless they have something big in the works…

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

He is the same age as hill. Both are 28. Jesus care to use any facts? 

I mean he will be 30 next year, so how is that not a fact?  I get it may look misleading, though, because his bday is late in the year.  

1 minute ago, BeastMode54 said:

that tweet is garbage. guy has 1400 followers. hes a nobody. made it up

agreed. Scared me for a second. Unless it came with a 1st round pick, mccaffrey and we traded for metcalf or another top wr, no way. Also would miss the Allen/Diggs chemistry.

Edited by What a Tuel

11 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

30 mil a year for a WR who will be 30 in one year, no thanks. The Raider and Dolphins have some of the worst owners, GM’s and decision makers yea let’s follow their lead.

Y’all need to look at some facts: Adams and Hill aren’t getting $30M a year either, unless they play out their deals.  Adams is getting an AAV of $22.5M for the next 3 years and Hill am AAV of $23.7M over the next 4 years.  Spotrac article.

Diggs is in the last two seasons of a $14.4 AAV deal.  The cash remaining is $13.5M and $13.7M.  I’m sure he’s looking in the $20M-$22.5M AAV range for years he will realistically be playing for an extension.  The Bills could do a four year extension with a big signing bonus and a couple huge salaries he will never see at the end.  That would lower his 2022 cap hit and everyone here would call Beane a magician.

IMO the odds that Diggs plays on this deal in 2022 are slim to none.  The Hill deal hurts.  It is better than the Adams deal and Adams is WR1 in the NFL.  Hill and Diggs are both arguably top 5.  I thinks Diggs gets a deal that pays him $80M-$88M over four years to stay.  That or we have to ship him off for picks because O can’t believe that he is playing this year on his current deal.

Edited by BarleyNY
Math

11 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

30 mil a year for a WR who will be 30 in one year, no thanks. The Raider and Dolphins have some of the worst owners, GM’s and decision makers yea let’s follow their lead.

Ahhh not the using the agent numbers to come up with your stance. The reality is hill is a 3 year 75M deal. 25M a year. And YES I would do that for the WR that turned Josh into Josh. 

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Ahhh not the using the agent numbers to come up with your stance. The reality is hill is a 3 year 75M deal. 25M a year. And YES I would do that for the WR that turned Josh into Josh. 

Josh turned Josh into Josh. Diggs is great, but to put this entire teams success on anything but Josh Allen is off base. I would just consider ourselves lucky Beane and McClown didn't get their wish and draft Darnold. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

If we can do it without losing Knox & Oliver, ok.  This team is basically “as is” for the next 3 years, plus draft picks and some rearranging of one year deal guys.  

Ill admit that I’m not entirely comfortable paying him that money though.. As I said earlier, and it may be a function of our offense, I haven’t seen him take over games like the other elite WR’s.   

When’s the last time he’s done that?.. Steelers two years ago?

9 minutes ago, cv05 said:

Josh turned Josh into Josh. Diggs is great, but to put this entire teams success on anything but Josh Allen is off base. I would just consider ourselves lucky Beane and McClown didn't get their wish and draft Darnold. 

Have we seen THIS version of Josh without Diggs?  Yes or No?

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

If we can do it without losing Knox & Oliver, ok.  This team is basically “as is” for the next 3 years, plus draft picks and some rearranging of one year deal guys.  

Ill admit that I’m not entirely comfortable paying him that money though.. As I said earlier, and it may be a function of our offense, I haven’t seen him take over games like the other elite WR’s.   

When’s the last time he’s done that?.. Steelers two years ago?

Yes we can extend Diggs and Still pay Knox and Oliver. 

out of the Three though Diggs SHOULD be the priority

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Id honestly put Knox as the priority of the 3, but yea, I’m sure it can get done and keep all of them… where we’d need to get creative is to keep Edmunds (which I don’t care, but I believe our FO very much would attempt to get done).  

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yes. Diggs was invisible in the playoffs (10 targets and 6 catches, 67 yards over 2 games) and Josh put together the best offensive performance ever against NE, and the best clutch performance I've ever seen in sports against KC. What the team at large and more specifically the coaching staff did to Allen was criminal.

I don't associate anything about this losing franchise with Josh.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, cv05 said:

Yes. Diggs was invisible in the playoffs (10 targets and 6 catches, 67 yards over 2 games) and Josh put together the best offensive performance ever against NE, and the best clutch performance I've ever seen in sports against KC. What the team at large and more specifically the coaching staff did to Allen was criminal.

I don't associate anything about this losing franchise with Josh.

And in the 17 games to Help Bills get to Playoffs

you think Davis has the production he did in KC without Diggs in the other side?  Really people?  

We finally have a QB and modern offense and some fans here want to trade the QBs best friend and elite WR. 

can never have good things with some of this fan base. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.