Matt Barkley Back? (Yep! deal not yet known)

DrDawkinstein

15 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Because in a backup QB you want a guy who can come in a game late and win you a game or can start a game or 2 and win for you too. I think Fitz fits the mold, Andy Dalton too. 

Barkley's was 1-0 as a starter for the Bills and 8 years younger than FItz.  

Again, I get the love for Fitz but don't think it's going to happen.  Pretty sure he's even said if he comes back he's not going to sign with a team he's played for before.  I know that can be lip service but just an added hurdle.

45 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The way I look at it is that the Bills are done if they lost Josh anyways, no matter who the back up is.

39 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

It's not a matter of a season-ending situation with Josh, but does Barkley keep the team afloat if Josh goes down for 2 or 3 games? I say that is very unlikely.

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

It's fine and dandy that everyone and the wives get along but if Josh tries to jump over someone and is out 4 games we are most likely going 1-3 or 0-4 with Barkley and losing homefield. Money Mitchy Biscuits probably got us to at least 2-2 or 3-1. Nothing exciting here from a football perspective

If only we had a defense that was just rebuilt to carry the load for a game or two if needed... :flirt:

4 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Guy is the biggest Bills cheerleader since the Jills left. I like it.

I mean if Josh goes down, we’re absolutely ***** no matter who we have as a backup. 

Exactly - same as any other leading franchise, if the number one goes down in all liklihood the hopes do too. Mitch was probably one of the best reserves a franchise could wish for but we wouldn't have got as far as we did with him at QB.

Considering the cap situation and what it would cost to get a quality QB vet, this seems about right.  I think there is probably a decent chance that the Bills may end up drafting a QB higher than you’d think to groom into being the eventual backup.

Plus there is a chance that another QB could be released and picked up.

7 minutes ago, Magox said:

Considering the cap situation and what it would cost to get a quality QB vet, this seems about right.  I think there is probably a decent chance that the Bills may end up drafting a QB higher than you’d think to groom into being the eventual backup.

Plus there is a chance that another QB could be released and picked up.

What’s earlier then we think to draft a QB?

Round 5?

It’s weird that Beane said early next week. Maybe I’m holding out weird hope but Friday isn’t early next week. Maybe Barkley said give me till Monday and then just told him or maybe there is another guy on top of Barkley. I’m sure Barkley is a great guy and helps Allen mentally but he ain’t winning us games if he has to play 

12 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

It’s weird that Beane said early next week. Maybe I’m holding out weird hope but Friday isn’t early next week. Maybe Barkley said give me till Monday and then just told him or maybe there is another guy on top of Barkley. I’m sure Barkley is a great guy and helps Allen mentally but he ain’t winning us games if he has to play 

I'm speculating here, but I follow Barkley and his wife on Instagram and they were on vacation this past week. I'm guessing he'll fly in Sunday or Monday and that's what beane is saying early next week

Side note, I'm not sure why people don't like bringing him back. He knows the playbook and has a great relationship with allen. We're not gonna find another trubisky to be back up again. The available qbs out there are probably no better or worse than Barkley. I've seen some people mention Fitz and Dalton, but seriously do you guys really think they are any better than what barkley offers? I mean I love Fitz as much as the next guy, but cmon he's had ONE good season since he was a bill (with the jets). I wouldn't be mad if they signed fitz but 6 half one dozen or another 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.