Deshaun Watson to Browns - $230 million guaranteed

Draconator

6 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Cleveland was "out."

Then for Watson it suddenly became about the money and not the best situation 

Cleveland had to have come back and said OK what are they offering and we'll go ......

Should end well for them all.  

You sayin Atlanta and New Orleans had better roster/situation than Cleveland? 👀 Come on…

Just checked out Cleveland Browns reddit and wow I counted like 50 people cancelling their seasons. Probably about 5% of people happy with trade and that is pushing it.

• NFL rules state that there must always be a sexual predator in the AFC North. Unfortunately it’s our turn.
  • I'll stick around for a bit to see the drama unfold but yeah I'm now a Bills fan I guess
  • bills mafia here we go
  • I ain't unsubbing but I'm rooting for the Lions from today. Browns are dead to me.
  • 20 ***** years I stood by this embarrassment of a team. 20 ***** years I proudly wore my gear while people mocked me. And then when we finally FINALLY have some semblance of a team to be even the tiniest proud of, they do this. I feel so betrayed. ***** you Jimmy Haslam. ***** you Andrew Berry.
  • ***** this dude. I'm so done. Still going to cheer for Myles and Chubb, and all the other great guys on the team, but I'm not giving the Haslams a ***** dime. I'm not buying any *****, I'm not going to any browns games when I'm back in Ohio. This is the most upset football has ever made me.
  • After 20 years the Browns finally found a way to break me.
  • I'm fully done with this team. I like some of the players, but no way can I root for that reprehensible scumbag
  • Honestly feels like a small part of me just died. Don’t care how dramatic it sounds. Been with this team my whole life through all the ups and downs. This is ***** terrible
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

So Houston got no players in this deal?  

Thought Houston said they wanted at least 1 or 2 players back in a trade too?

I think a big part of this is Watson needed to sign off on it and he maybe wouldn't if the Browns gutted the team he went to.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Every team (seems like) has a PrimeTime Baller at QB now…each one can toss 4k 30+ TDs and deliver last second game winning drives.

So…all eyes on Sean and Leslie…because the days of beating Trevor Siemian and Mike White are over.

Thank God for Zach Wilson, Tua Tags and Mac Jones!

I still think Watson is overrated and his only playoff win came against the Bills when Allen wasn't nearly the QB he is today and yet we probably should have won that game.

Also good chance Watson is still suspended by the NFL at some point and this is now another loaded division with the defending AFC champions, a healthy Ravens squad and Steelers team that still has a playoff caliber roster with an upgrade at QB now.

In other words don't be surprised if the Browns aren't even in the playoffs again this year.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

Just checked out Cleveland Browns reddit and wow I counted like 50 people cancelling their seasons. Probably about 5% of people happy with trade and that is pushing it.

• NFL rules state that there must always be a sexual predator in the AFC North. Unfortunately it’s our turn.
  • I'll stick around for a bit to see the drama unfold but yeah I'm now a Bills fan I guess
  • bills mafia here we go
  • I ain't unsubbing but I'm rooting for the Lions from today. Browns are dead to me.
  • 20 ***** years I stood by this embarrassment of a team. 20 ***** years I proudly wore my gear while people mocked me. And then when we finally FINALLY have some semblance of a team to be even the tiniest proud of, they do this. I feel so betrayed. ***** you Jimmy Haslam. ***** you Andrew Berry.
  • ***** this dude. I'm so done. Still going to cheer for Myles and Chubb, and all the other great guys on the team, but I'm not giving the Haslams a ***** dime. I'm not buying any *****, I'm not going to any browns games when I'm back in Ohio. This is the most upset football has ever made me.
  • I'm fully done with this team. I like some of the players, but no way can I root for that reprehensible scumbag
  • Honestly feels like a small part of me just died. Don’t care how dramatic it sounds. Been with this team my whole life through all the ups and downs. This is ***** terrible

There are A LOT of Baker Bros out there too. They aren’t ready to let him go. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

• bills mafia here we go

Sounds like Browns fans finally got a reason to go to the airport!

Could be a hell of a "meet and greet".

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I think a big part of this is Watson needed to sign off on it and he maybe wouldn't if the Browns gutted the team he went to.

Could be. The Texans sure are an effed up organization though, maybe even more than the Browns. You don’t trade that guy in Conference in his prime. You just don’t. 

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

They can’t make him play, it is an asset that that had to sell.

They couldn’t. But they could have told him to report and if he didn’t play, he wouldn’t have been paid. Not sure how many seasons he would be willing to sit out under that threat. Maybe all of them, but Houston could have controlled it a bit. That being said, they clearly just didn’t care. They know they are going to be horrendous for a few years. Having 2+ firsts in each of the next 3 drafts will help. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.