Deshaun Watson to Browns - $230 million guaranteed

Draconator

4 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

The Mahomes contract is rapidly becoming the bargain of all bargains.  

I always admire the way Chiefs fans can take literally any subject and bring it back to Mahomes. 

"Hey Jerry, this conflict between Russia and Ukraine is terrible, huh?"

"Yeah, seen those Russian missiles? Almost as deadly as a Mahomes pass"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 18
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Despite allegations, not playing for a year, possible suspensions, character issues...

the Browns give Watson Aaron Rodgers money (50 million more guaranteed than Rodgers) and give the Texans 3 first round picks and 2 more picks?

Why do I think that this is going to backfire on Cleveland hard?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Not worried about the Browns and not worried about Watson. He's still going to be suspended by the NFL when all of this is over, his Civil cases. I still don't see him as a leader and it's gonna be interesting to watch the "reception" he gets from Cleveland, as well as other NFL fans. Can't wait until he's forced to come to Buffalo. There's no telling what the fans will throw onto the field. :lol:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

All I know is there are gonna be some good football teams who miss the playoffs in the AFC. Glad the Bills are in the soft East Division like the Pats used to have. 

Have all these teams beat each other up, Bills get a bye more good teams knock each other off and they just have to get through 2 teams at home. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

The fist time in 25 years where we have a contender.....as well as 5 other Super Bowl contenders in the AFC. This move really pisses me off

Imo it's not as scary as it seems. It's not like we play them all (this year). The Bills are very capable of the 1 seed, let these teams blow their wads on each other a la Chiefs Bills and put the boot on their necks in OP the week later. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

All I know is there are gonna be some good football teams who miss the playoffs in the AFC. Glad the Bills are in the soft East Division like the Pats used to have. 

Have all these teams beat each other up, Bills get a bye more good teams knock each other off and they just have to get through 2 teams at home. 

The (former) Patriot Way!

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Josh is now the 4th highest paid QB in the league.  When Stafford, Wilson, and Lamar do their new deals, he could be 7th.  You have to love how it all works out 

I was thinking the same thing. The Allen deal is looking very good at the moment. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.