Deshaun Watson to Browns - $230 million guaranteed

Draconator

13 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

$230m for a guy who hasn’t seen the field in over a year, has 22 civil lawsuits pending, and    had impressive garbage time stats he put up while only winning 4 games in 2020.

sounds “brownsey” to me

I think Watson is a true franchise-level QB talent.  But this is a franchise-leveling haul to give up for him, both in terms of draft picks and in terms of cap space.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Mango said:

I don't really get the hard hate on this one.

I was just joking around for two reasons. One, it wouldn't ever happen. Two, I want no part of Bakers $18M cap hit. 

But from a pure back up perspective Baker would be an awesome insurance policy.

And my read on Baker is he seems to be willing and able when cast as a lead.  As second fiddle, he strikes me as Iago.  An opinion, mind you, just as likely to be wrong as right.

• Like (+1) 1

The guy just went to a division in which a team went to the SB, Cincy.

It also has the Ravens, Steelers who are always knocking on the playoff door.

The Black and Blue division! 

Somehow I see these teams beating each other up so badly that half the team is injured by the end of the season.

230 mill for that guy is crazy! Not to mention 3 first round picks. 

Is it wrong of me to be thinking that Cleveland will be drafting a QB in the first round in 2025?

2 minutes ago, Sestak4ever said:

I don't believe Stefanski is a very good coach, even though the media builds him up. His game management is poor. I don't think this works out well for Cleveland. They are not getting much for Mayfield. Time will tell.

Mayfield on a 1 yr contract for $18.5M, coming back from surgery.

Yeah.

45 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Every team (seems like) has a PrimeTime Baller at QB now…each one can toss 4k 30+ TDs and deliver last second game winning drives.

So…all eyes on Sean and Leslie…because the days of beating Trevor Siemian and Mike White are over.

Right.

Because it's not like they have ever beat the likes of Mahomes,  Russell Wilson, Derek Carr, Dak Prescott, Phillip Rivers,  Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson, Kirk Cousins, Ben Roethisberger....or anyone with a good QB, right?

Edited by Beast
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

And my read on Baker is he seems to be willing and able when cast as a lead.  As second fiddle, he strikes me as Iago.  An opinion, mind you, just as likely to be wrong as right.

Yeah, my perception of Baker's past behavior is that faced with competition, he'll compete up to a point, but if he gets peeved, he'll "take his ball and go home"

Maybe I'm wrong.

I do think this whole episode will light a cosmic fire under his arse with his next team.

Just now, QLBillsFan said:

So he loses virtually nothing if suspension comes. Arrogant POS, agent, and team. Embarrassing 😳 

I've lost a lot of respect for the Browns organization. My dad, a native Clevelander, is furious. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.