Deshaun Watson to Browns - $230 million guaranteed

Draconator

2 hours ago, bobobonators said:

Due to my job im well aware of how easy it is to indict someone. It doesnt take much at all. Not to get political, but not being able to indict Watson in TEXAS of all places, on any of the charges, leads me to believe the allegations were quite overblown if not downright false.

If we can move past the dog killer Vick we can get past Watson saying “hey wanna see this rocket?”

Vick served his time, paid for the dog abuse survivors to get ongoing care and therapy, and did his community service.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, bobobonators said:

Due to my job im well aware of how easy it is to indict someone. It doesnt take much at all. Not to get political, but not being able to indict Watson in TEXAS of all places, on any of the charges, leads me to believe the allegations were quite overblown if not downright false.

If we can move past the dog killer Vick we can get past Watson saying “hey wanna see this rocket?”

Might be one of the most ill-informed and naive posts I’ve ever read.

Failure to indict is NOT an exoneration of the accused.  These were always going to be extremely difficult cases to prosecute criminally.

Watson will face his day of reckoning…perhaps as many as 22 of them.

• Like (+1) 1

My guess - and it’s only that, a guess - is that Deshaun used Instagram to find attractive masseuses, booked appts, then used his money/fame to prey on the girls for sexual acts. Did he rape or sexually assault any of these women? Or were they complicit and paid well for their time? None of us know exactly what happened. My read into the situation could be completely off as well. 

9 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

My guess - and it’s only that, a guess - is that Deshaun used Instagram to find attractive masseuses, booked appts, then used his money/fame to prey on the girls for sexual acts. Did he rape or sexually assault any of these women? Or were they complicit and paid well for their time? None of us know exactly what happened. My read into the situation could be completely off as well. 

Well 20+ of them seemed to feel a certain way about it.

Edited by Warcodered

Just now, Warcodered said:

Well 20+ of the seemed to feel a certain way about it.

My issue with that, is if Watson raped or assaulted the women, why didn’t a single one go to a police station shortly after the incident to report it? Why did all 20+ wait until this lawsuit to step forward? I know rape is a subject most women shy away from reporting, but ALL of them?

• Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

My issue with that, is if Watson raped or assaulted the women, why didn’t a single one go to a police station shortly after the incident to report it? Why did all 20+ wait until this lawsuit to step forward? I know rape is a subject most women shy away from reporting, but ALL of them?

Do yourself a favor and stop posting on this topic before you embarrass yourself even more than you already have.

• Dislike 1

15 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

I read the accusations. Epstein Jr was accused of coerced oral sex among other things.  He says it was consensual 

Just now, eball said:

Oh, nothing more than classic, ignorant victim blaming.  That’s all.

This is an ignorant post. I clearly said I have no idea what the circumstances are behind this case and raised a valid question. It’s not victim blaming.

2 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

This is an ignorant post. I clearly said I have no idea what the circumstances are behind this case and raised a valid question. It’s not victim blaming.

LOL.  Your “valid” question is an accusation.  They didn’t do what you think they should have done if their allegations were “real.”

It’s ok, buddy.  You’re like a lot of men who still don’t understand what women face in this world.

• Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I read the accusations. Epstein Jr was accused of coerced oral sex among other things.  He says it was consensual 

Epstein preyed on little kids. We’re assuming Watson preyed on women. The only evidence we had of Watson was an apology text to one of them saying he didn’t mean to make her uncomfortable, yes? Again, I’m not trying to prove or disprove Watson’s guilt or innocence, I have no idea what happened. Just asking questions.

3 minutes ago, eball said:

LOL.  Your “valid” question is an accusation.  They didn’t do what you think they should have done if their allegations were “real.”

It’s ok, buddy.  You’re like a lot of men who still don’t understand what women face in this world.

I simply asked why didn’t one of the women step forward and report the assault to a police officer. That’s not victim blaming, Im not blaming any of them for something I don’t fully understand, I don’t have the evidence, nor do you. And I grew up in a house of women, so don’t tell me I don’t know what they face, buddy.

EDIT: and you can roll your eyes until they’re stuck in the back of your head 😂

Edited by JayBaller10
  • Eyeroll 1

36 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Its a good point but 2 out of 3 sexual assaults never get reported.  Its probably harder for woman when its against a celebrity of his status, so the statistic is probably even worse for that.  Personally I believe something happened.  

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.