Deshaun Watson to Browns - $230 million guaranteed

Draconator

46 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Due to my job im well aware of how easy it is to indict someone. It doesnt take much at all. Not to get political, but not being able to indict Watson in TEXAS of all places, on any of the charges, leads me to believe the allegations were quite overblown if not downright false.

If we can move past the dog killer Vick we can get past Watson saying “hey wanna see this rocket?”

A grand jury would indict a ham sandwich

1 minute ago, FLFan said:

Here we go.  The first of the annual” the Browns are a juggernaut” posts.  The Browns are the Browns, with or without Watson.  

Honestly got worse with him. Hated by fans, no draft picks and no cap left to help him. 

The fans that are ok with him will turn sour quickly with what he has to work with. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm not sure what the MPH sweepstakes tell us, but for comparison, do you know what were Mac Jones and Burrows' numbers?  Or Herbert?

When I watch (say) Mac Jones throw, I'm like "wow, that ball's taking its time to get there".

I don't see that with Watson, or at least I didn't last time I saw him play. 

https://www.ourlads.com/story/default/Quarterback-Ball-Velocity-at-NFL-Combine-2008-2017/10243/dh/

only through 2020

I don't know who in the NFC is getting Baker - they sure as heck aren't trading him to the Colts - which would make that team instantly the favorite in the AFC South.  

Unlike the Texans who clearly don't expect to be good for 3 plus years didn't care but the Browns will.

GM Watson is going to try to trade Baker for DK.  

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I don't know who in the NFC is getting Baker - they sure as heck aren't trading him to the Colts - which would make that team instantly the favorite in the AFC South.  

Unlike the Texans who clearly don't expect to be good for 3 plus years didn't care but the Browns will.

I'm hoping for a Saints/Brees - Chargers/Rivers situation.

Edited by Warcodered

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Do you really think Pete Carroll is up for another tempermental Shrimp at QB right now?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not quite.  A grand jury can be persuaded to indict a ham sandwich *if the district attorney wants them to*

If the district attorney wants no part, Welp Then.

Yes, ha. Still have my license, but haven't practiced in years. As I recall, the state has no duty to present exculpatory evidence. All depends on that DA.

3 hours ago, Sestak4ever said:

I don't believe Stefanski is a very good coach, even though the media builds him up. His game management is poor. I don't think this works out well for Cleveland. They are not getting much for Mayfield. Time will tell.

The media loves to overhype every skinny jean wearing millennial head coach. 

24 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Baker has 3 strikes against him:

1) he's coming off a down year and had off-season surgery

2) he's only signed for 1 year

3) he's got a fully guaranteed cash contract for that 1 year

1) and 2) make him less valuable and 3) makes him harder to fit in a team's cap.

IIf a team is going to give up a 1st or 2nd round pick to get him, they will also want him to sign a team friendly 2-3 year extension,   I am sure teams like the Colts will figure out a way.   I am surprised that the Texans didn't swap for Baker,  He is much better than what they have,

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Washington makes the most sense to me

They just traded for Wentz

4 minutes ago, billsintaiwan said:

Yes, ha. Still have my license, but haven't practiced in years. As I recall, the state has no duty to present exculpatory evidence. All depends on that DA.

Yeah, that's kind of the theme of a couple of cases we've had locally.  If the DA wants the case to go to trial, the exculpatory evidence never makes it to the Grand Jury.  If he doesn't want the case to go to trial, the Grand Jury gets every iota.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's....completely hysterical

It's a truism that if you've got a true Franchise QB, you can win.

Deshaun Watson is, in fact, that level of talent IMHO. 

So I guess the Browns will be investigating whether it's really true or not.

A true franchise QB does not get himself in the position he has been in. He played well, but did not win anything. We shall see if he becomes a franchise QB.  My money would be on the downside, especially with Cleveland.

I see an overhyped guy with athletic ability, who failed to work and study hard enough to elevate his team before he was unmasked. IMHO

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.