Deshaun Watson to Browns - $230 million guaranteed

Draconator

19 minutes ago, NewEra said:

They’re now relevant for the next 5 years.  If they didn’t make this trade, they’d have no chance.  What qb were they going to get?

All I will say Is watch how this pans out the next couple years. Browns just basically popped them self in CAP hell. 

You don't throw multiple Drafts picks and 230mill guaranteed $ contract around in a completely stacked AFC. Even with Watson (assuming he avoids suspension) the Browns will still get throttled by like 6 different AFC teams as it stands.  This complete deal is just bad Era, he's not even a top 5 QB in the AFC. Complete knee jerk as they swung and missed on Baker, suck it up and draft another QB.  Don't throw one of the highest contracts ever to a QB who isn't even a top 5 QB in the league, one that might get suspended by the league????

Yeah they upgraded QB at a very, very significant cost. 

Edited by Real McNasty

1 minute ago, Real McNasty said:

All I will say Is watch how this pans out the next couple years. Browns just basically popped them self in CAP hell. 

You don't throw multiple Drafts picks and 230mill guaranteed $ contract around in a completely stacked AFC. Even with Watson (assuming he avoids suspension) the Browns will still get throttled by like 6 different AFC teams as it stands.  This complete deal is just bad Era, he's not even a top 5 QB in the AFC. Complete knee jerk as they swung and missed on Baker, suck it up and draft another QB.  Don't throw one of the highest contracts ever to a QB we he isn't even a top 5 QB in the league that might get suspended by the league. 

Yeah they upgraded QB at a very, very significant cost. 

They went from having no chance to win the super bowl to having a decent chance.  

• Like (+1) 1

Well, all that’s left now is for the fanbases at opposing stadiums to 100% humiliate and embarrass this POS in every way possible so we can all enjoy it on TV. I’m not sure about Cincy, but I think Baltimore and Pittsburgh are up to the task.

• Agree 1

if i was a browns fan right now i suppose i'd be,  tab bit happy,  and really worried.   if Watson doesnt pan out or the team around him continues to be less than great,   have fun in cap hell for the foreseeable future,  with zero outs.

also kinda funny that the Browns said they needed a more mature QB,  haha have fun with Watson.

Edited by bigduke6

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.