Deshaun Watson to Browns - $230 million guaranteed

Draconator

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

owners/GMs looking at the new network contract on the horizon.  Lots more free money coming.

This has got to be one of the craziest off seasons for big name trades and contracts I can remember.  

Wilson traded

Rodgers deal

Wentz traded 

Watson traded and deal

Adams traded and deal

not as big, but…

Von Miller, Jones, Mack all change teams.  

Just nuts

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

The Browns were more than just a QB away last year. 2020 I think they beat the chiefs with a better QB. But may not have beaten the Bills. 

I see them as a factor in their division but think they are a WC team. 

Considering there will probably be at least 3 PO teams that come out of the AFCW this year it's going to be very tough for the Browns to make the playoffs unless it's via division title and still see nothing on paper that indicates they are better than a (healthy) Ravens and Bengals team right now to surpass either of them.

4 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

The NFL’s hypocrisy with Watson is ridiculous. They are cramming all of these pro women agendas down our throat but then they welcome Watson back with open arms as soon as they believe there will be no criminal charges. That doesn’t mean he didn’t molest all these women. 

it’s a joke. 

Over/under 5 prime time games for the pervert in orange and fudge?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Nihilarian said:

Somehow I see this not being a good thing for Cleveland...it is after all, Cleveland.

Mayfield wants to be a Colt.

I like Mayfield to the Colts.  If they weren’t in the AFC, they might be my 4th favorite team. 

2nd is a two way tie for anyone playing Brady or the Pats

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

New Orleans and the Panthers do yes.

Cooper isn't Nuke.  He's not DJ Moore or Michael Thomas.  

Lol he made Will Fuller a Pro Bowler…I’m sure Coopers fine. The Browns got a good coach who’s not on the hot seat or 2nd choice fill-in, got a run game, an O Line, and a defense. 

But lookin for logic around here ain’t the best practice…

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Beast said:

DeSean Watson is good. DeSean Watson doesn't scare me.

Agreed.

The bad news is with the AFC being so stacked even a potential Wild Card game will be against a stud qb.

The good news is because those qb's are nowhere to be found in our division we should have an excellent chance at securing the 1 seed and avoiding that scenario.

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

This has got to be one of the craziest off seasons for big name trades and contracts I can remember.  

Wilson traded

Rodgers deal

Wentz traded 

Watson traded and deal

Adams traded and deal

not as big, but…

Von Miller, Jones, Mack all change teams.  

Just nuts

Yes, it has been wild!

Just now, RunninRebel37 said:

Lol he made Will Fuller a Pro Bowler…I’m sure Coopers fine. The Browns got a good coach who’s not on the hot seat or 2nd choice fill-in, got a run game, an O Line, and a defense. 

But lookin for logic around here ain’t the best practice…

"Logic" should tell you he  just got placed on a very very hot seat.

7 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Considering there will probably be at least 3 PO teams that come out of the AFCW this year it's going to be very tough for the Browns to make the playoffs unless it's via division title and still see nothing on paper that indicates they are better than a (healthy) Ravens and Bengals team right now to surpass either of them.

I mean, Cleveland beat the pants off Cincy in the only game they played that mattered last year. The issue the entire year was QB play, and I like Mayfield.

I don't love the trade. Wouldn't even say I like the trade, but don't act like Baltimore and Cincy are insurmountable. Not even close. 

2 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

Yes, it has been wild!

To be fair though there has been a lot of I don't know tension, current, build up, however you describe for a bit of a shake up for that last couple years. Watson wanted out and has been in a holding pattern with his legal trouble, Rodgers became an agent of chaos, Wilson has had rumors of leaving for a while, and Wentz...well he's terrible. Feels like things will be a bit more settled for at least a little bit QB wise now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.