Deshaun Watson to Browns - $230 million guaranteed

Draconator

17 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Can't wait for the Super Bowl exhibition game after the AFC Champion is decided.

My initial reaction is that all these stud QBs is going to make the AFC a gauntlet over the next several years.

Which obviously wouldn't be good.  

BUT....

Looking at the AFC West and now AFC North, those teams are likely to create multiple losses for each other.  Not all of these teams can win their division or even make the playoffs.  Meanwhile, our in-division competition is the Patriots (Mac), Dolphins (Tua), Jets (Kyle Wilson).  

If we can figure out the teams in the AFC South, this is setup perfect for us to get the #1 Seed and Bye.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I went from pi***d to literally couldn't care less in like 45 seconds.  

If He's truly elite then him and Burrow hedge each other for the next 5 years and their eventual trade requests.   

No excuse we aren't the 1 seed

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

Hahaha Browns gonna Brown. What a clown show. Their hands were forced because of the Mayfield debacle. 

$230 million GURANTEED?? That is nuts! Who knows if he can even still play at a high level? I thought he was a good QB but come on, he’s probably at the bottom of the Top 10. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The Mahomes contract is rapidly becoming the bargain of all bargains.  

Detroit should draft Malik Willis at no2 this is the opening they’ve been waiting for to bust out of being the worst team in the NFL.  The door is wide open.

last - I hope Josh Allen and the Bills can get a Lombardi soon…..this looks brutal for all of us AFC fans going forward.   Bills stil with that great chance to be 1seed.  It’s going to matter…alot

• Agree 2

So now that I had my fun with the Browns.  I do have to give them credit.

They Identified they will NOT win a SB with Baker Mayfield, and said we are not waiting, lets take our Swing....  Time will Tell if Watson is the guy, but if it gets them a Lombardi it is worth it. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, mjt328 said:

My initial reaction is that all these stud QBs is going to make the AFC a gauntlet over the next several years.

Which obviously wouldn't be good.  

BUT....

Looking at the AFC West and now AFC North, those teams are likely to create multiple losses for each other.  Not all of these teams can win their division or even make the playoffs.  Meanwhile, our in-division competition is the Patriots (Mac), Dolphins (Tua), Jets (Kyle Wilson).  

If we can figure out the teams in the AFC South, this is setup perfect for us to get the #1 Seed and Bye.

The way I see it we're at least guaranteed the division the next couple of years. Sure the AFC is pretty dang stacked but its all concentrated in the AFC West. It's gonna be like before where the AFC beats up on each other, the Pats (now the Bills) quietly dominate their division and squeak out enough wins to comfortably get a high or the #1 seed and waltz into the playoffs fairly healthy and ready to go.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

They Identified they will NOT win a SB with Baker Mayfield, and said we are not waiting, lets take our Swing....  Time will Tell if Watson is the guy, but if it gets them a Lombardi it is worth it. 

From the football side it's a smart move, the 20+ accusations make it hard for me to stomach.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

If anything make fun of them more. This whole situation they created probably ended up costing them more to pay Watson and picks. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.