Trading Edmunds makes no sense at this point

bubba2018

3 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I think there is a deference in saying he is average vs he sucks.  I got no problem if they can find a better option.  But to think you can just plug anyone in there is not really a sensible argument. 

There's roughly 20 linebackers that I think are better than him. That might as well be below average, certainly not on the good side of it

Edited by delirious

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

This is the TB Game. Look at how flat footed he plays. There are a couple of plays where the DTs get worked back to him but man doesn't flow downhill at all on run plays. He doesn't process. 

What about the play where he tipped a pass on 4th down and completely changed the momentum of that game? 

2 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

If Edmunds was anything close to being a solid MLB, he would have been locked up by now.  The guy takes rides from RB's and O lineman. Does not effectively cover.  He consistently leads the league in tackles four yards past the first down maker.  He sucks.  

It’s just not true. That’s what always confuses me about these threads.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, delirious said:

There's roughly 20 linebackers that I think are better than him. That might as well be below average, certainly not on the good side of it

Not sure why I would care about your opinion vs basically every expert opinion out there which has him about mid teens for LBs in general.  Oh yeah expert opinions dont matter.  Expert posters matter.

18 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I would like to read some opinions. Who’s at fault on this run?

Nobody has an opinion on this play? I’ll go 1st. Scheme! 6 blockers vs 5 Bills. The DL slants opposite the direction of the run. Huge hole. Milano plays it soft widening the hole, Edmunds has to cover two gaps.

1 hour ago, FarrellsFinest said:

Imagine giving up on Josh Allen at age 23

Another straw man attempt to defend Edmunds...well, iImagine Allen developing as slowly or not at all like Edmunds has.  

There's no part of Edmunds' game that's improved since he was a rookie.  Allen OTOH...

9 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Not sure why I would care about your opinion vs basically every expert opinion out there which has him about mid teens for LBs in general.  Oh yeah expert opinions dont matter.  Expert posters matter.

Yeah experts are NEVER wrong. GMs don't miss on players ever. 20 is THAT much farther than 16... 🤡

Edited by delirious

2 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

He'll be here this year to decide if he'll be here next year. Tons of talent upgrades particularly at DT to help him flow to the ball better and be untouched. Better pass rusher to help him in the pass coverage game. No more excuses for this guy. Time to show what he can do or time to find a new team. 

So we shouldn’t see him run away from the ball and launch himself out of bounds anymore?

Gotta start somewhere.

3 minutes ago, delirious said:

Yeah experts are NEVER wrong. GMs don't miss on players ever. 20 is THAT much farther than 16... 🤡

Look at over all linebacker rankings for the past year on every site clown show.  What the ***** does this have to do with GMs missing picks. 

2 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Look at over all linebacker rankings for the past year on every site clown show.  What the ***** does this have to do with GMs missing picks. 

It was in reference to your experts are the end-all-be-all.

What do I need to look up, 2021 linebacker tackles or is there some other metric you'd like me to look up?

42 minutes ago, recovery96 said:

What about the play where he tipped a pass on 4th down and completely changed the momentum of that game? 

So he has one good play in the game, I just showed you about 6 not including the swing pass and the angle play. Now of course he had more good plays than just one but it just symbolizes him. Flat footed looking over the line trying to process the play. The play where he actually makes the tackle 5 yards down the field bothers me the most. He's unblocked for a bit and their is a hole to fournettes left, edmunds doesn't recognize it until he's engaged with the lineman. Sure he made the tackle, but if he processed it that 5 yards is probably 1. 

2 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

This is the TB Game. Look at how flat footed he plays. There are a couple of plays where the DTs get worked back to him but man doesn't flow downhill at all on run plays. He doesn't process. 

He engages that pulling guard like he's trying to block him and Fournette blows right by him. I feel like that's exactly the kind of thing that represents who he is as a player.

The other thing he does here is he has to change his angle multiple times in a play because he isn't actually as fast as he thinks he is.

What a brutal watch this whole thing was.

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

To me this is pretty funny seems like 2/3 of the posters here say he's terrible and want to get rid of him.  But then turn around and expect a 2nd rounder or more in a trade.

If he's a as bad as people say, lucky to get a 5th or 6th for him.

I'm sure I'll here how in a different style defense or position he'd be great and worth a 2nd or more.

Is he worth the $12 mil, no but doubt he's going anywhere unless traded for much less.  And then that leaves the defense with a big hole.

He's made the probowl which I guess means something.

But I've said all along, it's not that he's bad as much as it's he's a JAG type of player on this team. But if another team views him as a more natural fit in their scheme and that he's out of place in Buffalo (which I also believe is the case) why wouldn't they give up a 2nd round pick for him especially since he's still very young.

A 2nd round pick is best case, but I would also do it for a 3rd rounder especially if the decision has been made we aren't resigning him long term anyway.

55 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

He engages that pulling guard like he's trying to block him and Fournette blows right by him. I feel like that's exactly the kind of thing that represents who he is as a player.

The other thing he does here is he has to change his angle multiple times in a play because he isn't actually as fast as he thinks he is.

What a brutal watch this whole thing was.

For 4 years I've cringed watching him play. Yet he still has his cult followers. It will be over soon. Please baby jesus let someone want him for a 3rd. Then go get Wagner.

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

How do you explain our worst game defensively being without Edmunds? Look, I can’t argue against the fact he doesn’t make plays. I also don’t see a lot of plays being made against Edmunds. So it goes both ways. 

We all believe a Mike backer is supposed to be around the ball every play and that definitely isn’t Edmunds. I don’t know what they’re asking of Edmunds. I would love to hear McDermott explain what they expect from Edmunds.

To me it seems like he’s a MLB version of a 2 gap NT. What’s I meant by that is they use his size and length to clog passing lanes. That seems to be his job. 

The Manute Bol of linebackers 

How are we 5 pages deep into an Edmunds thread and yet his biggest supporter has yet to show his/her face to tell you all how wrong you are? I’m expecting more Deion Sanders comparisons and disappointed I haven’t seen any. Maybe I’ll put out the “‘Maine Signal” so that poster can crawl out of his cave…

EF5C274A-F40E-4E71-8738-8CB9B1E5CE39.jpeg

They are not trading Edmunds.

I can promise you he will get a huge contract next year that most people will be flabbergasted by but around the NFL teams are dying for someone who can cover as much ground as he can and take away as much of the fields passing lanes as he does with his huge wingspan.

Nobody cares about stopping the run with MLB's anymore. 

There is a reason why the Bills are consistently in the top of the NFL in pass defense and he is a huge reason for it. The easy throws opponents have against other teams are there far less often against us.

Edited by Big Turk

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.