Trading Edmunds makes no sense at this point

bubba2018

I am in the group who wants him gone for a second round pick, but with all the pieces we’ve acquired what would be the point? He can still play a vital role on this defense and why lose that when you also have a full set of picks in the draft. 

Edited by recovery96

It actually does make sense for a number of reasons that have been beat to death including but not limited to:

- $12 million in cap space free immediately

- would likely get a 2nd round pick at minimum (possibly more)

- can sign Wagner or other stop gap LB much cheaper, wagner (and others) would be instant upgrade/at worse lateral move.

- despite all the cap maneuvering we aren't going to be able to keep everyone and no way I'm paying $15 - $20 million a season for a guy like Edmunds starting in 2023.

At this point he probably stays but still think it's very possible he's moved soon especially the longer guys like Wagner stay on the market.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

It actually does make sense for a number of reasons that have been beat to death including but not limited to:

- can sign Wagner or other stop gap LB much cheaper, wagner (and others) would be instant upgrade/at worse lateral move.

- despite all the cap maneuvering we aren't going to be able to keep everyone and no way I'm paying $15 - $20 million a season for a guy like Edmunds starting in 2023.

At this point he probably stays but still think it's very possible he's moved soon especially the longer guys like Wagner stay on the market.

Trading Edmunds would be contingent on signing an instant upgrade. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, DJB said:

My grandmother is an upgrade over Edmunds at this point and she has dementia 

That’s not true and that’s silly. 

Edmunds is a disappointment. But he’s not the worst MLB in the NFL. If your goal is to win a Super Bowl in the next two years, you don’t create a hole at inside linebacker.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Edmunds is playing out of position. I think he could be a Von Miller type pass rusher. It's clear that he's not a 4-3 MLB. Before they give up on him they should let him rush the passer from the edge this year. He has the speed and the length and it looks like he has some bend because every time he gets blocked he folds up like a cheap tent

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Edmunds is playing out of position. I think he could be a Von Miller type pass rusher. It's clear that he's not a 4-3 MLB. Before they give up on him they should let him rush the passer from the edge this year. He has the speed and the length and it looks like he has some bend because every time he gets blocked he folds up like a cheap tent

He's worse at pass rushing than he is at playing MLB. Everyone who wants to move him to OLB/DE is only wishing based on his size. He has no fire or power to get to the QB. 2020 he had something like 76 blitzes and tallied ZERO pressures.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

He'll be here this year to decide if he'll be here next year. Tons of talent upgrades particularly at DT to help him flow to the ball better and be untouched. Better pass rusher to help him in the pass coverage game. No more excuses for this guy. Time to show what he can do or time to find a new team. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

20 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

im sure Buffalo woukd have negotiated in principle,e a deal with a UFA LB contingent on buffalo trading him

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

He's worse at pass rushing than he is at playing MLB. Everyone who wants to move him to OLB/DE is only wishing based on his size. He has no fire or power to get to the QB. 2020 he had something like 76 blitzes and tallied ZERO pressures.

He gets stopped in his tracks every time.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don’t even know what started them Edmunds hate? Honestly on every big run the Bills have given up I get more upset at Poyer and Hyde for taking terrible angles.

He doesn’t ever stand out, maybe that’s the problem for fans.

This is the TB Game. Look at how flat footed he plays. There are a couple of plays where the DTs get worked back to him but man doesn't flow downhill at all on run plays. He doesn't process. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.