Star released. Pre-6/1 per Joe B, $1.5M cap savings.

Chandler#81

2 hours ago, wjag said:

The recasting of this team in one offseason is breathtaking 

Yes these are exciting times. Wish Star and his family well but this organization is not messing around. Produce or we move on. Players are usually whipping boys for a reason. The only obvious ones left are Edmunds, Ford & Haack. Wouldn't shock me if we draft Araiza. Its SB or bust.

16 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

Vontae Davis

That was kind of a fluke.  How many times has a player quit in the middle of the game like that?  

Regardless, Vontae was only on the team for a 1 year deal.  They weren’t expecting him to play a huge role and solidify the defense.  Star was average for mane half of him time in Buffalo.  He was below average the other half.  All in all his contract was an anchor they couldn’t get out of.

Not shocked, after Star got Covid he was playing like a JAG. He was never the big run stuffer he was paid to be. I don't think he was a bad player but just not the difference maker he was portrayed to be. Good to just get off his contract and take some minor cap savings.

8 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

That was kind of a fluke.  How many times has a player quit in the middle of the game like that?  

Regardless, Vontae was only on the team for a 1 year deal.  They weren’t expecting him to play a huge role and solidify the defense.  Star was average for mane half of him time in Buffalo.  He was below average the other half.  All in all his contract was an anchor they couldn’t get out of.

Exactly. Davis should be ashamed of himself. He could've at least waited until the 4th quarter. 

Sincerely, 

Antonio Brown

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Not shocked, after Star got Covid he was playing like a JAG. He was never the big run stuffer he was paid to be. I don't think he was a bad player but just not the difference maker he was portrayed to be. Good to just get off his contract and take some minor cap savings.

I think he was a JAG for most of his Bills career that was paid to be a quality DT

Just now, damj said:

Exactly. Davis should be ashamed of himself. He could've at least waited until the 4th quarter. 

Sincerely, 

Antonio Brown

Ok it’s happened twice my bad

3 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Don't love it. What we will complain about?

According to vocal posters on board Coach McD cannot make good game time decisions and Beane hasn't had any good free agent signings & Allen is only good 1st round pick which he got lucky on.

Me I'll still to my regular post bashing from Debbie Downers and Trolls in Disguise.

On other subject Star was a good signing originally but when C-19 came he decided to take free money to hide without protection when he came out of hiding which makes no sense.  He came into camp in good shape but as soon as he was hit he was useless so it was a good decision to take impact of letting him go now.

Beasley and Star can start a Rap and Blues band.

9 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I would love to see the Bills draft Matt Araiza With a 4th or 5th round pick.  He could be a difference maker.

They don’t need to spend a 4th or 5th on a punter. Draft one with one of their round 7 picks or find an UDFA. They’ll need those 4’s and 5’s to add depth to the lines. 

• Agree 1

In terms of doing it now instead of post June 1st, I think has a lot to do with JA's contact. He is still a small cap hit this year. Goes up a lot next year, and this way Star doesn't count anything against next year's cap.

Plus Bean said he doesn't like to rely on post June cuts unless he has to.

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

Totally agree. Didn’t really didn’t hurt us. But what a bizarre signing. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

We are getting really low on whipping boys. Bease and Star gone. Knox improved. It’s down to edmunds and ford catching all the hands. 

Fear not, new targets will emerge. My early bet is on Shaq.

8 minutes ago, Udubalum07 said:

In terms of doing it now instead of post June 1st, I think has a lot to do with JA's contact. He is still a small cap hit this year. Goes up a lot next year, and this way Star doesn't count anything against next year's cap.

Plus Bean said he doesn't like to rely on post June cuts unless he has to.

Agree. It’s going to be fun times with the cap hit from Allen and Miller in the next few years. No need to pile on Lotulelei as well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.