WR or CB in round 1?

Rigotz

WR. This team’s identity is the passing game. Diggs and Davis…then who else?  I don’t think mckenzies signing keeps them from still needing another top WR to take this thing to the next level. We are still missing the speed element long term.

If we draft WR in 1, then we are planning ahead a couple years from now when Davis might command big money and McKenzie’s contract has expired.

Honestly, Beane could pull a fast one and take Breece Hall at 25. He is obviously looking for dynamic back that can catch and create out of the backfield.  

Edited by whorlnut
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BTB said:

How would you feel if it was a DE, RB, OT, QB or TE?

Its not going to be a QB.  

The offseason isn’t over yet.  What if we sign a corner and a WR before the draft?  Still lots of holes that can be filled in the coming weeks. 

if it’s an OT, I’m good with it.  Spencer brown started a handful of games and wasn’t very good. Maybe he could go inside to OG.  Idk….but I’m not sold becssue he’s big, athletic and drinks beer during games. 

I’ve stated that I could see us taking Trey McBride.  I wouldn’t be stoked, but it would be a long term pick after we let knox go elsewhere for 15M aav.  

rb isn’t my preference in rd one, but I’d be excited at the prospect of Breece Hall in our offense and understand why the pick was made.  To win Super Bowls for the next 4 years. 

Depends on the DE, but if travon Walker or jermaine Johnson we’re our pick @ 25, we’d be lucky imo.  

7 minutes ago, BTB said:

What about when you don’t have enough cap space to address all holes in F/A?  You still want to draft BPA, instead of filling holes?

There is not 1 team in the NFL that doesn't have holes. You should always take the very best players on your board. Need is in FA and talent through the draft imo.

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Its not going to be a QB.  

The offseason isn’t over yet.  What if we sign a corner and a WR before the draft?  Still lots of holes that can be filled in the coming weeks. 

if it’s an OT, I’m good with it.  Spencer brown started a handful of games and wasn’t very good. Maybe he could go inside to OG.  Idk….but I’m not sold becssue he’s big, athletic and drinks beer during games. 

I’ve stated that I could see us taking Trey McBride.  I wouldn’t be stoked, but it would be a long term pick after we let knox go elsewhere for 15M aav.  

rb isn’t my preference in rd one, but I’d be excited at the prospect of Breece Hall in our offense and understand why the pick was made.  To win Super Bowls for the next 4 years. 

Depends on the DE, but if travon Walker or jermaine Johnson we’re our pick @ 25, we’d be lucky imo.  

I agree with the TE and Hall. However, I’m not sure we go DE in any way shape or form after the Miller signing. Not early on anyways. 

Just now, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

There is not 1 team in the NFL that doesn't have holes. You should always take the very best players on your board. Need is in FA and talent through the draft imo.

Which is exactly why I say it won’t be corner. There may already be 4 or 5 off the board before we pick. Beane isn’t taking a corner because of need. Not all players are created the same just because they play the same position. It has the be a good fit. 

I'd go corner in first round. Bills will be in more 2 TE sets this year and will run more. No idea how well White will come back. Heck if they went CB, WR, CB with top three picks I'd be fine with that, especially if they traded back once.

McKenzie I think will fill the old John Brown role with more deep crosses that will pressure the defense and allow Diggs and Davis to work underneath and middle. 

For WR, the Bills lack a WR that has size and adequate speed. Benjamin was a bust. TO was shot. The last good one was Moulds. Would love to see them add a 6'4 205lb guy that is fast enough.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I agree with the TE and Hall. However, I’m not sure we go DE in any way shape or form after the Miller signing. Not early on anyways. 

Which is exactly why I say it won’t be corner. There may already be 4 or 5 off the board before we pick. Beane isn’t taking a corner because of need. Not all players are created the same just because they play the same position. It has the be a good fit. 

I'll use an example... We just went out and loaded up at DT getting Settle, Philips and Jones. If Jordan Davis fell to #25 (He will be long gone imo) I think Buffalo would 100% take him over say a CB or WR again just in my opinion.

• Disagree 2

HEre are all the CBs, WRs, and C/Gs that we met with at the Combine (that we know of).

Play mix-and-match from here:

Cam Jurgens - C/G Nebraska
Logan Bruss - C/G Wisconsin
Zion Johnson - C/G Boston College
Lecitus Smith - G Virginia Tech
Dohnovan West - C/G Arizona State
Kenyon Green - C/G Texas A&M

Josh Thompson - CB Texas (Senior Bowl)
Roger McCreary - CB Auburn
Trent McDuffie - CB - Washington
Kaiir Elam - CB Florida
Kyler Gordon - CB Washington
Andrew Booth - CB Clemson

Jameson Williams- WR Bama
Treylon Burks - WR Arkansas
Garrett Wilson - WR OSU
Chris Olave - WR OSU
John Metchie III - WR Bama

I could see something like:

1. CB McDuffie

2. WR Metchie

3. C/G Jurgens

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whorlnut said:

I hear ya, but I don’t really see why we wouldn’t if there are too 15 talents sitting there @ 25.  Epenesa is most likely trash.  Rousseau might develop into a stud pass rusher but I think he’s going be be a run stopping beast that cleans up the messes made by the other guys.  Basham, a clean up guy imo.  Walker/Johnson would be a great add to this group imo.  We rotate 4 DEs.  Miller, Rousseau, Walker/Johnson, Basham.  

While DE isn’t a need, upgrading your pass rush should always be a priority. Always. Getting a stud pass rusher @ 25, locked into a 5 year rookie deal.  Those are the moves that allow for continued success and would do wonders for our future.  

jmo

4 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Corner. But if Bates isn't back OG. 1st round WR is a luxury since the starters are still there.  They need to find a starting CB before May.  

That (OG if Bates leaves) is a need-based pick, and not a BPA. WR would be early if there was a big talent there (Williams) since they would be BPA at position of need.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

You take the best WR/CB in the first 2 rounds that are available at our picks. By far the 2 most glaring needs on this team. I feel like we are much weaker at CB than WR. Diggs/Davis is a good 1/2 combo. If White was coming back 100% healthy it wouldn't be as big of a need, but you can never count on that. 

Edited by Awwufelloff

28 minutes ago, Mij yllek said:

BPA...Jameson Williams unless he's already off the board.

Now that their #1 receiver is gone, watch out for Green Bay at #22.

The Raiders would've taken a WR with that pick anyway, I don't think the Adams pick affects us. Except GB will actually take the best WR available, instead of just the fastest...

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

HEre are all the CBs, WRs, and C/Gs that we met with at the Combine (that we know of).

Kaiir Elam - CB Florida

Garrett Wilson - WR OSU
Chris Olave - WR OSU

1. CB McDuffie

2. WR Metchie

3. C/G Jurgens

Jurgens in rd 3 would be a dream.  I don’t think he falls to our pick in rd 2.

i don’t get Metchie love.  Looks like a guy to me.  

McDuffie would be a great pick.  I think he’s top 20  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Kaiir Elam - CB Florida

Garrett Wilson - WR OSU
Chris Olave - WR OSU

1. CB McDuffie

2. WR Metchie

3. C/G Jurgens

IMO McDuffie will be LONG gone. And he’s pretty much the only corner I’d be ok with there.  Don’t want mccreary or Gordon at all. Booth would be ok I guess. Give me:

WR in 1

Guard in 2

Corner in 3

Mcd and his staff is awesome at developing DBs and someone like Cam Taylor-Britt would be really good value in 3. 

Just now, NewEra said:

Jurgens in rd 3 would be a dream.  I don’t think he falls to our pick in rd 2.

i don’t get Metchie love.  Looks like a guy to me.  

McDuffie would be a great pick.  I think he’s top 20  

Right on. I'm just going off Draftek rankings since it's so hard to guess who will be available when.

1 minute ago, whorlnut said:

IMO McDuffie will be LONG gone. And he’s pretty much the only corner I’d be ok with there.  Don’t want mccreary or Gordon at all. Booth would be ok I guess. Give me:

WR in 1

Guard in 2

Corner in 3

Mcd and his staff is awesome at developing DBs and someone like Cam Taylor-Britt would be really good value in 3. 

Im interested in Elam too.

I also believe McD could make do with a 3rd or 4th round CB. But if the talent is there and available, and we really dont have any other holes, might as well.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.