Rams taking calls re: Robert Woods

ny33

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

He couldn’t get out of Buffalo quick enough …

All things considered it worked out alright for him. 

I try not to hate on players too much for making business decisions. He was a good dude when he was here. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 5

3 minutes ago, Turf Toejam 34 said:

He is the best blocking WR I have ever seen at any given stretch.    Miss him tons.   Does he fit in the Kromer scheme?   

I assume you didn't see Hines Ward much?? Woods is a good blocking WR, but not like Ward was. 

6 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Love me some Bob Woods.  Bob woods didn’t give **** about us.

Considering who the QB was I can see why lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I assume you didn't see Hines Ward much?? Woods is a good blocking WR, but not like Ward was. 

Yeah….he didn’t have a qb til this year.  He just wanted to go home to LA.  I don’t blame him.  Just sucks that he didn’t embrace the Bills like some fans embraced him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I think our big ticket free agency is over with Von Miller.  I don't even want to let myself dream about lining up Woods next to Diggs across from Davis.  Robert Woods is the one Bill I wish we hadn't let get away.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Turf Toejam 34 said:

He is the best blocking WR I have ever seen at any given stretch.    Miss him tons.   Does he fit in the Kromer scheme?   

You must not have seen Hines Ward then. Linebackers were legit afraid of him.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Turf Toejam 34 said:

Kromer scheme? Pretty sure Dorsey and Josh are running the offense, not Mr. Beach Chairs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

He said nothing but great things about Buffalo, he wanted to be part of a pass first offense on the west coast, while the Bills were still run heavy. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Ward was good too and I'm not trying to take too much away from him. However, many of his blocks would now be considered illegal crack back blocks.  He delivered a lot of cheap shots with blindside hits.  

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

He got a much higher offer. When our QB was still Tyrod. His last year here was Rex's last year.

We were being crushed by the cap and the necessity to dump a ton of contracts to clean up the cap. Their offer just wasn't close to L.A.'s  How can you blame him? Especially on a second contract, nearly anyone in the league is going to go with an offer that's much higher.

I love him, I totally understand why he left, I'd love to see him here again but it ain't gonna happen. Having brought in Von Miller, we're very very unlikely to bring in more higher-level contracts.

My hope for receiver right now is from the draft. It's a great year for draft WRs. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see an FA WR but at a lowish- to medium-level contract.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

He got a much higher offer.

That was the year where we were being crushed by the cap and the necessity to dump a ton of contracts to start with a fresh cap the next year. Their offer just wasn't close to L.A.'s  How can you blame him? Especially on a second contract, nearly anyone in the league is going to go with an offer that's much higher.

imo I think that and couple other things might have played a big part in him leaving, one with L.A being basically by his hometown probably made the decision a little easier. Also he possibly didn't have confidence in Bills QB, which I can understand because it was really bad.

Obviously I don't know for sure, but can see why it would be a factor in the decision.

3 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Woods grew up and played High School Football in Southern California. He was a College Superstar at the University of Southern California. So when the LA Rams of Southern California came calling with a massive contract, he wanted to go home.

He wasn't unhappy in Buffalo. Wasn't a jerk here. Never said anything bad about the fans or the area. He's just a Southern Cali boy who had an opportunity to go back to Southern Cali. 

As a matter of fact, he had good things to say about Buffalo today:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

I think he we went through three head coaches (Marrone, Ryan, Lynn) and at least five QB's (Manuel, Thad Lewis, Tuel, Orton, Taylor) the four years he was here.  I don't blame him leaving at all.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.