What to do at CB?

GreggTX

7 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Pat Narduzzi the Pitt Panthers coach commented on Moving the Chains yesterday that all of the offenses late in the season last year consistently attacked “the other corner” not Dane Jackson. Looks like the front office agreed with that assessment. 

Agree 100%.  Dane held up really well in the playoffs.  Now, the Bills may have been giving Dane more safety help than Wallace but the fact Wallace only got $4m per and the Bills weren't interested says a lot. I blame coaches for Wallace's alignment on the two passes in the last 13 seconds but in retrospect perhaps Wallace lined up wrong??  We'll never know.

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, dje85 said:

The minimal drop in talents between the top five or sic corners in this draft would keep me from doing this. Especially for Sauce Gardner. There are some pundits who isn;t even his top corner in this draft on their board. Joe Marino has him as the third best corner for example. I think we can stay where we are at and get a very very talented corner in Booth, Stingley, McDuffie or Elam. 

I hear where you were coming from, and Beane may agree with you, but CB is a premium position that always goes a little earlier than expected. I know we went with Rosseau last year, who I was happy with, but Beane mentioned that they had their eyes on a couple of corners, but they all went before they're pick. It comes down to how they have these guys graded, and how big the gaps are between tiers. The one thing that we have sorely missed in the secondary, is both speed and length. I don't think we wait around this year, it may not be as high as 7 or 5 with NYG, but I don't think they'll settle for whoever drops. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I agree. I like both Booth & McDuffie the most. If either of these guys fall, you 100% go CB.  Even if we were to sign a Haden or Peterson to a 1 yr deal.  Then get your speed wr in the 2nd round. 

My ideal scenario is Booth in the 1st and Jahan Dotson in the 2nd. Then the best available guard in the 3rd (maybe Parham or Strange)

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Allen2Diggs said:

My ideal scenario is Booth in the 1st and Jahan Dotson in the 2nd. Then the best available guard in the 3rd (maybe Parham or Strange)

Dotson in the 2nd is extremely unlikely. He’s a 1st round talent and if he makes it to the 2nd round there will be too many teams early in the 2nd who are looking for a wr who didn’t take one with their first 

11 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Dotson in the 2nd is extremely unlikely. He’s a 1st round talent and if he makes it to the 2nd round there will be too many teams early in the 2nd who are looking for a wr who didn’t take one with their first 

I think there's a chance Booth and Dotson are both gone at those picks, but I'm thinking the fact that Booth didn't run the 40 at the combine and Dotson's lack of size (178 pounds) could cause them to fall to us.

Edited by Allen2Diggs

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I kinda like the Idea of Giants you eat half. 6.5M. And you get a 3rd. 

gives you that CB2 and immediate Tre Injury insurance as a good Cap number. 

Isn't his base salary like 14 million?

They'd have to hold basically all of it for Buffalo to be able to fit him in.

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, CountDorkula said:

Isn't his base salary like 14 million?

They'd have to hold basically all of it for Buffalo to be able to fit him in.

It is 13M. And the Bills can easily fit 6.5M cap hit. 

example you can get the 6.5M in space with a Diggs extension. 

4 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

What sort of compensation would get this done?

I think a 3rd will get it done with Giants eating half the base. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Oof. For 1 year?

I’d be all for it. 100%. Proven player and takes care of CB. 

6 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Oof. For 1 year?

Yep. And if it secures the CB spot and helps get a Trophy would you really care about not having a 2022 Late 3rd?

7 minutes ago, gflande1 said:

Spotrac shows his cap hit at $21M, with a base of $13.4M. I’m not a expert on cap, but how would they fit that? I’d be cool walking away from Bates and freeing up that 2.5 for Bradberry, but I don’t see how it could be done

The majority of the cap hit goes away with a trade. And a Diggs extension can open up the space to fit the remaining contract Giants don’t eat. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Yep. And if it secures the CB spot and helps get a Trophy would you really care about not having a 2022 Late 3rd?

In a world where it’s guaranteed - absolutely.

Unfortunately it’s not, and I’m skeptical James Bradberry is the missing link to winning a Super Bowl. 

The Giants are getting desperate to move him. I’m not giving up a 3rd for 1 year and taking a $6.5M cap hit. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.