Bills inquired on LB Alex Singleton

Jerry Jabber

You would have to assume that Edmund's days in Buffalo are numbered. I fully expect them to see how he does this year in front of DTs that can protect him but I don't see us offering the kind of money needed to keep him here in at this point. Especially after win go 20-0 and win the super bowl this season!    

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 2
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, billvernsays said:

You would have to assume that Edmund's days in Buffalo are numbered. I fully expect them to see how he does this year in front of DTs that can protect him but I don't see us offering the kind of money needed to keep him here in at this point. Especially after win go 20-0 and win the super bowl this season!    

How bad can Edmunds be after going 20-0?

9 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

This sounds like a possible Matakevich replacement if the money is right. A special team player who can play backup at LB. Beane never fails to shock me, so anything is possible regarding Edmunds. 

Yep , this is only about special teams and has nothing to do with Edmunds.  Listened to Mcd with Brown & Tasker ( who both rave about  edmunds) and Mcd was effusive with praise , reviewing how much Edmunds has on his plate ..  He stated he was much improved matching pass routes to coverages  this past season He also stated again about the age thing being  it’s hard to believe his is so young yet with all this experience now.  After I listened to Mcd , I am convinced they do whatever it takes to hold onto him.  He has been a quiet leader who Mcd felt needs to perhaps be a little more vocal was the only critical thing Mcd said about him. Otherwise he was gLowing in praise and really this was the first time I came away hearing Mcd openly praise a player without focusing on their continued need for growth and staying humble. 

I don’t see what Mcd sees , but I’m not the guy edmunds has to please.  No way they replace him unless he has a disastrous year  in 2022, as I now expect him to be a Bill for a long time unless HE choses to go elsewhere.    This is Beane looking for a backup Lb who is a special teams guy and being a captain is right up Beams alley.  Another good guy in Matakevich prob bites the dust this year as Beans keeps looking for the latest / greatest.  Hard to believe a guy leads the eagles in tackles would come to a club to be a backup , special teams guy.  Seems like just a reach on this guy and just  checking in if he might be disgruntled etc , which it would prob take for him to want to leave a starting role.   I just can’t fathom after hearing Mcd that they are looking for a replacement for edmunds.  

Edited by DrPJax

5 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Yep , thus is only aboit special teams and has nothing to do with Edmunds.  Listened to Mcd with Brown & Tasker ( who both rave aboit edmunds) and Mcd was effusive with praise , reviewing how much Edmunds has in his plate.  He stated he was much improved matching pass routes to defenses now. He also stated again aboit the age thing. And it’s hard to believe his is so young yet with all this experience now.  After I listened to Mcd , I am convinced they do whatever it takes to hold onto him.  He has been a quiet leader who Mcd felt needs to perhaps be a little more vocal was the only critical thing Mcd said about him. Otherwise he was gLowing in praise and really this was the first time I came away hearing Mcd openly praise a player without focusing on their continued need for growth and staying humble. 

I don’t see what Mcd sees , but I’m not the guy edmunds has to please.  No way they replace him and unless he has a disastrous year  in 2022, I now expect him to be a Bill for a long time unless HE choses to go elsewhere.    This is Beane looking for a backup Lb who is a special teams guy and being a captain is right up Beams alley.  Another good guy in Matakevich prob bites the dust this year as Beans keeps looking for the latest / greatest.  

Too much praise sounds suspicious ... Edmunds is as good as gone.

• Haha (+1) 1

They can love Edmunds all they want, but I have no idea how they lock up Knox, Oliver and Edmunds after the season.   Poyer is a UFA after this year as well.  

Then again, when I saw the contract for Chandler Jones, I immediately resigned myself to JPP types as our big EDGE signing, so what do I know…

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

They can love Edmunds all they want, but I have no idea how they lock up Knox, Oliver and Edmunds after the season.   Poyer is a UFA after this year as well.  

Then again, when I saw the contract for Chandler Jones, I immediately resigned myself to JPP types as our big EDGE signing, so what do I know…

Great points !  Poyer is a fav of mine however he was not a draft pick of theirs and is getting older so they may look for a drafted / cheaper solution. Edmunds and Oliver are core , drafted  position guys and after coming up with money for Miller , I am now convinced anything is possible.
Knox is coming into his prime and they were very patient on his development, yet I am not sure they are not willing to go thru the whole process again as TE has only so much production in this O as a piece of the receiving unit and if push comes to shove , I bet beane would bet he could find another knox if needed.  Oliver is a rarer breed, and Mcd covets those d guys ; once Starr is of the books they prob focus on retaining Oliver.    With Edmunds , he is just a devout process guy , a young guy who will get a shot a two major contracts probably. So they may use that as a tool to help him understand his actual value more and if other teams see what a lot of Bills fans see , he may not be many teams cup of tea.   Not a lot of teams run a 4-2-5 almost all the time and want more physical MLB types. It’s always possible tho someone would use him in a better role as a true olb and allow him to rush more and that might  drive his value up. Somehow I think they get him for another 3-4 years as Mcd is very loyal to certain player types. I think they believe he has very unique talents with speed / size, wingspan and they don’t seem to mind his softer style of play.  They must see him  do much more than at least I see as a long time fan ( since 63 ) but albeit one with no formal coaching experience. 

16 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ok so Bills are looking into LBers (makes sense) likely not this LBer based on how the rumors played out this year But a LBer that also plays ST seems to be one Skill set they are looking for.

Definitely, competition for Dobs for the 3rd LB who can contribute elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, Billzgobowlin said:

This is not a replacement for Edmunds IMO.  If we are looking for his replacement it will come in the draft

Replacement for Klein, competition for Dobs

5 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

You guys learned nothing? If there is a news that we inquired about this guy you can be sure that Beane is working on something completely different.

That or the media has learned if they hear a dark horse team sniffing around but can’t figure out who it is, it’s gotta be the Bills. They report accordingly that the Bills are interested based on that understanding. Ipso facto the Bills are in on xxxx player is reported. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.