BLOCKBUSTER! Packers Trade Adams to Vegas

Big Blitz

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

They'll still catch balls, but it won't be as automatic.  I mean they struggled to put up points in the playoffs, so this hurts pretty bad.

Rodgers had Jennings, Nelson and Adams as his bread and butter in a good deal of their best years (Adams still growing).

I'd like to see Rodgers with the WR corp of Zay Jones, Kelvin Benjamin and Andre Holmes as his top 3 receivers.

26 minutes ago, Bills Juggernaut said:

Grrrrrrrr……. Not liking this trade. Packers get in front of us to take another first round WR off the board. I was hoping 1st WR/2nd CB. Now it’s probably 1st CB/2nd WR. 

They’ll pry take a qb knowing them.

50 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

It's cute how Da Raiders are spending all this $$ & capital to stay relevant in the AFC West. Which of these is not like the other: PATRICK MAHOMES, JUSTIN HERBERT, RUSSELL WILSON, derek carr? Carr is the definition of QB purgatory.

I think Carr is a good QB 

1 hour ago, Drifter said:

This is the wildest off season I've  ever seen! 

Once the crazy trades started happening a couple years back it snowballed. The NBA has been like this for years. Every team is in an arms race trying to build the next great super team. The players have realized they run the show so they're making demands they never would have made 10 years ago. Every offseason is going to be like this now. I love it.

The owner GM, and head coach, went out for drinks after the trade to have a laugh at Rodgers expense, it’s a cruel game they got going on…,

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Ross Murdock said:

Rogers might be having buyers remorse. I'm assuming he knew this might happen? You wonder how much having Adams made Rogers look good? 

IMO I think it's the other way around.  Elite QB's can make good look elite.  For that reason I'm not that worried about Beasley leaving as Allen will make Davis, McKenzie, rookie, Knox, and Howard all look better than they really are.

• Like (+1) 1

Honestly - I think it helps GB a ton.  They now have 4 picks in the first 2 rounds to get some cost contained players that they need.  Adams is great with Rodgers, but trying to fit that 28 million WR salary with the 50 million QB salary would of eliminated any other players.

Get a couple of WRs and couple of DBs - resign Douglas as a CB and they will be fine.  The QB makes the WR.

Carr will have tons of options, but I don’t think he makes Adams anywhere near worth 28 million.  I think that salary will look bad from year 1.

I do hope LV finds ways to continue to play KC tight and win, Denver should be able to play with and beat KC, LA already had Mahomes’ number early last year.  I can easily see KC with 4 division losses with that defense they will be sporting.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, WMDman said:

lmao Rodgers gonna go full Karen mode

Yeah let’s see how he does after all that talk about how much it’s about team for him, and how much the relationship with the gm is so much better now. Haha!  200$ mil / 50 mil a year MAY calm KAARON , but something tells me nothing can stop a full blown diva who was so worried when one press guy refused to vote for him for mvp.   This should be good! 😄. I love it; couldn’t happen to a sweeter guy !  

Edited by DrPJax

14 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Yeah let’s see how he does after all that talk about how,much it’s aboit team for him, and how much the relationship with the gm is so much better now. Haha!  200$ mil / 50 mil a year MAY calm KAARON , but something tells me nothing can stop a full blown diva who was so worried when one press guy refused to vote for him for mvp.   This should be good! 😄. I love it; couldn’t happen to a sweeter guy !  

To be fair, the guys wouldn't vote for him due to his stance on Covid, which isn't football related at all.  That's kind of messed up.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

IMO I think it's the other way around.  Elite QB's can make good look elite.  For that reason I'm not that worried about Beasley leaving as Allen will make Davis, McKenzie, rookie, Knox, and Howard all look better than they really are.

I agree Allen can make guys better, but it also works both ways.  Beas was great with many clutch catches and let’s be honest , Allen was developing into what he is now and many times Cole made spectacular catches of off target throws from Allen , and he helped win games for us   I really like Cole, and he made the right choices for himself  about the vax and didn’t deserve all the crap. I won’t get into the medical arguments here even tho there is a ton of evidence to support individuals choices because this board is not tolerant of discussing outcomes or issues regardless of supporting studies.

But he was great for a developing Josh , played thru a fractured  fibula , and was a very , very good slot guy who moved the chains with many critical receptions.   Allen is at a stage NOW where he does make people better , but Cole is talented reading zones , had great hands , and was a good teammate by all accounts.   It may not be as easy as you think to just plug in some one else : we’ve all read aboit chemistry between a qb and receivers.   Sanders never really developed that type of chemistry with Allen , so I would never  minimize losing a guy Josh depended on many times. 

• Like (+1) 1

It's definitely a big swing for the Raiders, but giving up a 1st & 2nd plus forking over $28.25M per yr to a WR that will be 30 in December may not end up being a smart move.

There are some WRs that produce into their mid 30s, but there are more that hit a wall @ 31-32. 

Edited by Estro
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, cle23 said:

To be fair, the guys wouldn't vote for him due to his stance on Covid, which isn't football related at all.  That's kind of messed up.  

I understand that , after all tho  Rodgers did LIE about things and admitted he was in the wrong   But why attack the guy and call him an idiot just because he didn’t vote for you to be a UNANIMOUS choice and Rodgers was still going to easily win the mvp award.  So all his self love and entitlement was about ONE VOTE!   True behavior of a narcissistic A  hole and it just one more thing in a long history of diva like antics from Rodgers over the years.  He was the guy holding out all this prior pre season as well , so he has a pattern of behavior worrying about himself and not the team as he wants everyone to perceive about him.  This adams thing would be a great time to be a fly on the wall when they try reasoning this to Rodgers who many times said he wanted Adams on the team. 😀

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.