Front Office & Free Agency Moves

OnTheRocks

Just saw that the Eagles are making a move to release Fletcher Cox.  I don't know how good his last season was, but up until two years ago, he was right there next to Aaron Donald as the premier D Lineman in the league.

How difficult is it for the Bills and Beane to forecast who might get released or cut?

Meaning....lets say they're looking at Cox, two weeks ago, but they also have their eyes on two or three other players.  

How long do they wait to pull the trigger on the other two, before they think they miss out on any an all targets?

If they knew Cox would be available two weeks ago, would they have targeted him instead of Tim Settle & DaQuan Jones?

I know these thoughts are scrambled a bit, just thinking out loud.

7 minutes ago, OnTheRocks said:

Just saw that the Eagles are making a move to release Fletcher Cox.  I don't know how good his last season was, but up until two years ago, he was right there next to Aaron Donald as the premier D Lineman in the league.

How difficult is it for the Bills and Beane to forecast who might get released or cut?

Meaning....lets say they're looking at Cox, two weeks ago, but they also have their eyes on two or three other players.  

How long do they wait to pull the trigger on the other two, before they think they miss out on any an all targets?

If they knew Cox would be available two weeks ago, would they have targeted him instead of Tim Settle & DaQuan Jones?

Bills have 9 locked D-Lineman NOT counting Star.  I think Beane is done with the DL other than fringe depth.

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, Brennan Huff said:

Just get me a back up QB and I’ll consider this an awesome free agency

Mean Beane is probably waiting until the Watson circus runs its course.  Available QB's are most likely noncommittal if they think they have a chance at a starting job somewhere ( Winston, Dalton, Mariota, etc.).

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, OnTheRocks said:

I would certainly take Cox over Settle/Jones but it's too late now.

Any other pending FA moves likely revolve around securing a veteran DB and QB. Although you can argue we still need another veteran WR and RB with Beasely now officially gone and the RB from Washington deciding to stay with them.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

I’m still coming here every 2.5 mins to see if anything else has happened. Am I wrong for wanting something else to happen?

At this point I officially have no clue what our FO may do.  

We still need a WR, OL, QB & CB

Im afraid to look away.. I went to the gym last night and Beane signs Von Miller.  

Can I head out to watch the games tonight, or is Beane going make a bonkers out of nowhere trade? 

Just now, SCBills said:

At this point I officially have no clue what our FO may do.  

We still need a WR, OL, QB & CB

Im afraid to look away.. I went to the gym last night and Beane signs Von Miller.  

Can I head out to watch the games tonight, or is Beane going make a bonkers out of nowhere trade? 

what are you waiting for get to the gym.

• Haha (+1) 2

I would assume that Beane knew. The Eagles we’re trying to trade him so one would assume with his contract being so large either no one was gonna trade for him and they would either keep him or release him. 

probably valued Miller higher than waiting for Cox to become available 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.