Shaq is back! A one-year deal

Roundybout

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This is a great signing, good defender against the run on the edge.

He was. I think most of the hate came because people thought he didn’t live up to his draft position. Where he was drafted is not his fault. He was solid against the run. 

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I completely disagree.  

This isn’t Nick Bosa.  It’s Von Miller at age 33.  

We have a team that shouldn’t be relying on him in most of our games.  

We want him to be the difference maker in the playoffs for the next 2-3 years.  

You make damn sure he’s healthy, rested and ready to go every year come playoff time. 

We’re paying him 17.5 per to win Super Bowls, not beat the Dolphins in October. 

I do agree that his snap count in Sept/Oct will be drastically different than what we see during the stretch run in Nov/Dec/Jan if anything to keep him fresh and hopefully avoid injury.

But his deal is essentially only a 2 year one and still can't pay a guy $17+ a year for 50% of the snaps or less overall.

meh. Wasn’t a fan of his when he was here, his best year was his contract year, got way overpaid to leave and -imo- an I-Me-My guy. 
maybe he’s matured, but I’m guessing it’ll be between him and AJ at final cutdown and I’m going with Epenesa.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

meh. Wasn’t a fan of his when he was here, his best year was his contract year, got way overpaid to leave and -imo- an I-Me-My guy. 
maybe he’s matured, but I’m guessing it’ll be between him and AJ at final cutdown and I’m going with Epenesa.

True! The best year was indeed a contract year. The good news is……this is also a contract year! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

Him and Von are basically dominant run defenders on the edge. 

We got killed last year by those outside tosses. These boys set the edge and attack... 

SB OR Bust baby 

15 minutes ago, Augie said:

True! The best year was indeed a contract year. The good news is……this is also a contract year! 

17 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Groot ,AJ,Shaq and Von at DE with Boogie being able to go inside or out. 

We were a #1 D in many categories and we exchanged Hughes n Addison for Miller n Shaq. To me that's a big time upgrade 

• Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Him and Von are basically dominant run defenders on the edge. 

We got killed last year by those outside tosses. These boys set the edge and attack... 

SB OR Bust baby 

Groot ,AJ,Shaq and Von at DE with Boogie being able to go inside or out. 

We were a #1 D in many categories and we exchanged Hughes n Addison for Miller n Shaq. To me that's a big time upgrade 

Hughes has been exchanged? When did this happen? Oh, it hasn’t.. 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This is a great signing, good defender against the run on the edge.

I don’t know…Shaq Lawson of 2019 would be a great signing.  He hasn’t played very well the past two seasons and has been released three times over the past year.  He’ll be a reserve this season so maybe the scheme will help him out.  Not a bad player to have as your 5th DE

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

The sheer numbers make me wonder who gets traded before the season. It’s a very Beane thing to do, some of these guys will have value, even if it’s a late round pick. Beane likes those to move around in the draft. 

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

He is a free agent, and given all the other signings, it's looking as though there's No Room at the Inn

Epenesa, Basham, Rousseau, Miller, Lawson

Lotulelei, Jones, Oliver, Phillips, Settle

That's a helluva room.

Doesn't seem to leave room for Addison or Hughes though

• Like (+1) 1

People in this thread are acting like Phillips and Shaq signed for 10M apiece. The top 2 most productive DL we had in 2019 just came back on what are likely small 1 yr contracts as depth, this is not only great indication that the team is a place people miss when they leave, it shows how far we have come in regards to talent. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, costrovs said:

LOL

I can't believe the love-fest for this guy.

Do any of you remember 2 years ago when it seemed like half this board thought that it'd be a great idea to give this guy 12M+ a year?

Then he went to MIAMI AND THE JETS for 2 years!

This guy is average at best. 

I think half this board is confusing Shaq Lawson with Shaquille O'neal.

Just because they have the same first name, doesn't mean they'll have the same results.

Bills are all in! 

allmychipsarein-shaq.gif

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I don’t know…Shaq Lawson of 2019 would be a great signing.  He hasn’t played very well the past two seasons and has been released three times over the past year.  He’ll be a reserve this season so maybe the scheme will help him out.  Not a bad player to have as your 5th DE

Who plays well on the Jets?

• Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Shaq and Phillips coming back home remind me of when Pats players used to ball out get paid by another team then 2-3 years later come back to the Patriots on dirt cheap deals and be productive players. I am all for both signings. Kick the tires on two guys you know fit the system for dirt cheap.  

That'll be Brady in 5 or 6 years.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.