OT: The sudden existential crisis in New England

Success

4 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Yep, they have already started with the “we got six rings”. They present and future looks bleak for them. 

I've said it before - 6 is the new 27.

And I say that as a Yankees fan.  But it's increasingly hilarious to see Boston fans who once ridiculed their Yankee counterparts for even mentioning 27 championships to now mention "6" in every other sentence.  "I'm good, brah - I've got 6 rings under my belt."

12 hours ago, Success said:

And I say that as a Yankees fan.  But it's increasingly hilarious to see Boston fans who once ridiculed their Yankee counterparts for even mentioning 27 championships to now mention "6" in every other sentence.  "I'm good, brah - I've got 6 rings under my belt."

We used to say things like, "no one else has ever gone to four straight".....  Now that we have a superstar QB and a real shot every year, we're cool as fans and they're pathetic, right?  lol

Fact is, we're all the same just living in different places rooting for different teams.  Except for Philly of course, those people really are mean.  lol

• Dislike 1

12 hours ago, Success said:

To be fair, the Yankees have only won seven titles since the first Super Bowl took place. That's still a lot.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

It has not sunk in for Pats fans but they are in the start of a lonnnnng rebiuld.  The next thing you will see go is BB and that is when its gonna sink in.

I think the term rebuild is too nice, I prefer to think of it as just sucking for years

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/19/2022 at 11:00 AM, Ethan in Portland said:

He got his team with a rookie QB to the playoffs and beat the Bills throwing 3 times.

Be honest who would you have rather had in those last 13 seconds, McDermott or Belichick???

Bills have Allen and the Patriots are stuck with Belichick for a GM

This!

Bills fans like to underestimate BB all the time.

His motto, "if you aren't cheating you aren't trying hard enough"! Right now the man is probably devising a scheme to take out, or attempt to neutralize the Buffalo QB somehow. The Bills have some difficulty winning with the best young QB in the league! 

Those 13 seconds simply wouldn't have happened under BB! Bills fans still don't know if that will happen again? 

The Patriots will build a strong power run game and field a top defense. That right there should get a winning season even without a great QB.. Can the Buffalo Bills say that? 

Lastly, that Patriots under BB are all business... a very strict business! Football is a game and it should be a little fun... even at a pro level. Players talk... and a lot say that playing under BB is no fun at all. But, he has gotten past that with so much winning.

2 hours ago, P Riv said:

We used to say things like, "no one else has ever gone to four straight".....  Now that we have a superstar QB and a real shot every year, we're cool as fans and they're pathetic, right?  lol

Fact is, we're all the same just living in different places rooting for different teams.  Except for Philly of course, those people really are mean.  lol

No, I'd disagree w/ this. We actually are cool, and they are actually pathetic.

32 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

This!

His motto, "if you aren't cheating you aren't trying hard enough"! Right now the man is probably devising a scheme to take out, or attempt to neutralize the Buffalo QB somehow. The Bills have some difficulty winning with the best young QB in the league! 

Those 13 seconds simply wouldn't have happened under BB! Bills fans still don't know if that will happen again? 

Those 13 seconds actually DID happen under BB, in the 2018 AFCCG.  Actually, they were 16 seconds, but who's counting.  The Pats gave up almost 60 yards to Mahomes at the end of that game, in 16 seconds.  KC tied the game, and the only difference was that the Pats won the coin toss in OT.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/17/2022 at 7:07 PM, Mc1320 said:

The biggest thing here is that based on the last two games, Josh is no longer confused by Billy’s defense.  

‘Even late in his Colts run, you could still see that Billy was still getting in Peyton’s head.  Not so with Josh - he absolutely dismantled that unit the last two games and just picked them apart without hesitation .

Expanding a bit hes picked it apart in 3 of the last 4 with the 4th being the wind game.

On 3/18/2022 at 1:54 PM, Warcodered said:

Meanwhile in Buffalo:

Now I understand why Daryl Johnson was traded. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/17/2022 at 5:02 PM, Success said:

Pats fans are becoming what I hoped they'd become:  Yankees fans.  More obsessed w/ the past than w/ their prospects in the present.

6 is the new 27.  

You keep telling yourself that as you continue to keep the Patriots relevance alive here for some reason. Good job!

1 hour ago, Success said:

Those 13 seconds actually DID happen under BB, in the 2018 AFCCG.  Actually, they were 16 seconds, but who's counting.  The Pats gave up almost 60 yards to Mahomes at the end of that game, in 16 seconds.  KC tied the game, and the only difference was that the Pats won the coin toss in OT.

Then that means it didn't happen. Two different ending results.

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

You keep telling yourself that as you continue to keep the Patriots relevance alive here for some reason. Good job!

Then that means it didn't happen. Two different ending results.

BB didn't know they were going to win the coin toss.  The collapse was exactly the same.

As for the former comment, the Pats beat the Bills for close to 2 decades. I'm going to enjoy every second of this "new era" for that team & its fans, and comment on it accordingly. It's fun - and like I said, what I hoped for.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, P Riv said:

"we've gone to 4 straight when no one else has" is usually in response to someone mocking us by saying we lost 4 straight super bowls. 

Usually just pointing out the significance of getting there 4 times in a row even though we lost. 

18 minutes ago, Success said:

BB didn't know they were going to win the coin toss.  The collapse was exactly the same.

As for the former comment, the Pats beat the Bills for close to 2 decades. I'm going to enjoy every second of this "new era" for that team & its fans, and comment on it accordingly. It's fun - and like I said, what I hoped for.

Collapse? Ha ha nobody referred to that game for any of the two team as collapsing.

and no way does it compare to what happened to the bills vs KC up top of the factor the bills lost to KC and the pats didnt

. Nobody ever knows if they would win a coin toss so I don't know why that would matter. You guys lost the game and the pats didnt. You guys never stopped KC. That's pretty much it.

Edited by Ghost_002!

1 minute ago, Ghost_002! said:

Collapse? Ha ha nobody referred to that game for any of the two team as collapsing.

and no way does it compare to what happened to the bills game up top of the factor the bills lost to KC and the pats didnt

. And nobody ever knows if they would win a coin toss so I don't know why that would matter. You guys lost the game and the pats didnt.

Again - the situation was basically the same. If the Bills somehow "choked" in the final seconds this past season then the Pats did the same in regulation in the AFCCG.

The other poster was saying that BB never would have had that happen. He did. Period.

Sorry that it's so hard to understand for you, but the facts are the facts.

7 minutes ago, Success said:

Again - the situation was basically the same. If the Bills somehow "choked" in the final seconds this past season then the Pats did the same in regulation in the AFCCG.

The other poster was saying that BB never would have had that happen. He did. Period.

Sorry that it's so hard to understand for you, but the facts are the facts.

Ha ha what facts? You are the only one trying to draw the correlation? That poster made the comment cause idk BB has proven to have done it, on the biggest stages no less.

• Vomit 1

1 minute ago, Ghost_002! said:

Ha ha what facts? You are the only one trying to draw the correlation? That poster made the comment cause idk BB has proven to have done it, on the biggest stages no less.

Clearly, you didn't understand the discussion.  The poster said that the "13 seconds" simply wouldn't have happened under BB.  Technically, he's right - it took Mahomes 16 seconds in the AFCCG. If you're hanging your hat on 3 seconds as the big differentiator, more power to you.

Doesn't matter. You guys are completely irrelevant now, and are looking at a long stretch of mediocrity at best w/ a QB who probably won't be considered in the top 8-9 in the AFC for years.  Enjoy the DVD's, and trolling here.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Success said:

Clearly, you didn't understand the discussion.  The poster said that the "13 seconds" simply wouldn't have happened under BB.  Technically, he's right - it took Mahomes 16 seconds in the AFCCG. If you're hanging your hat on 3 seconds as the big differentiator, more power to you.

Doesn't matter. You guys are completely irrelevant now, and are looking at a long stretch of mediocrity at best w/ a QB who probably won't be considered in the top 8-9 in the AFC for years.  Enjoy the DVD's, and trolling here.

I understand completely what he is saying and the discussion, you guys lost the game and could not stop KC at all in that game... point blank.

Again the difference BB has done it.  Nobody is going to focus on the semantics, but you to try and save face.

And stop contradicting yourself in the process too. The Pats are irrelevant but yet you decided to create a thread about them? 

• Eyeroll 1

24 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

I understand completely what he is saying and the discussion, you guys lost the game and could not stop KC at all in that game... point blank.

Again the difference BB has done it.  Nobody is going to focus on the semantics, but you to try and save face.

And stop contradicting yourself in the process too. The Pats are irrelevant but yet you decided to create a thread about them? 

You're equating the comparison with the results.  I'm just looking at the situation - which is the ONLY thing being compared.  It's pretty silly to say, "well, BB's defense gave up 60 yards in 16 seconds, almost as bad - but he still won the game!"  Again, it came down to a coin toss - the Pats won, the Bills didn't.

I really don't care that much. If it makes you feel all jubilant, hang onto it.

My thread is about the Pats irrelevancy. Am I allowed to comment on that, on a Bills board?  Should I be all, "sssssshhhhh...let's not say anything!"

Edited by Success
  • Like (+1) 3

On 3/17/2022 at 5:46 PM, chongli said:

Yep, lots of comments like that on the Rams forum yesterday. Plus, some said the only reason Von was successful was because he was paired with Aaron Donald, and Buffalo has no one like that.

Wait a minute...

The Rams have a fan forum??

The Rams have fans!?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

This!

The Patriots will build a strong power run game and field a top defense. That right there should get a winning season even without a great QB.. Can the Buffalo Bills say that? 

Lastly, that Patriots under BB are all business... a very strict business! Football is a game and it should be a little fun... even at a pro level. Players talk... and a lot say that playing under BB is no fun at all. But, he has gotten past that with so much winning.

Well, folks, if you ever wanted to see Stockholm Syndrome in action, you got your wish with this here post.

• Like (+1) 2

21 hours ago, Success said:

Oops …. Looks like facts hurt

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.