OT: The sudden existential crisis in New England

Success

"How are these teams pulling this off, with these high profile players with already a superstar to that team."

no idea who he's talking about here.😎

also trying to quote that was a nightmare, good lord this made up imaginary accent has terrible grammar.

Edited by Warcodered

12 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Is it wrong that I kind of hope they are in contention down the stretch next year just so we can completely obliterate them again?

No, last year was about perfect for me that way. My FIL is a Pats* fan and the last time I saw him before last week was a few days before week 16. He told me that Josh could not do it, that we simply were not good enough, and that the wind game was not a fluke. Of course then Josh scored 11 tds along with 2 fgs over 14 drives and last week he was not such a fan anymore.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BRH said:

Until the Giants get good again.

Nah, if we are honest we all became fans usually because the team was good when we were young or they did something draw our attention to them. I know for me was the 86 team that drew me in..  what a ride those playoffs were.. 

26 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Is it wrong that I kind of hope they are in contention down the stretch next year just so we can completely obliterate them again?

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

No, last year was about perfect for me that way. My FIL is a Pats* fan and the last time I saw him before last week was a few days before week 16. He told me that Josh could not do it, that we simply were not good enough, and that the wind game was not a fluke. Of course then Josh scored 11 tds along with 2 fgs over 14 drives and last week he was not such a fan anymore.

I'm with @Buffalo Timmy. We ended them with the 1st perfect game in the NFL. Let them suck. Let the Fins, Pats and Jets all go 0-17.

1 hour ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

The fair weather fans will start jumping off the bandwagon after 1 or 2 bad seasons.  All these fools who say, "I have been a fan my whole life" are only saying that because they have been good for 20 plus years.  They will shift their focus back to baseball and basketball again soon, or simply find another front runner.

It started happening last season; many are now Bucs fans.  Can't say I will miss the female Masshole fans with their pink Pats*** hats. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

It started happening last season; many are now Bucs fans.  Can't say I will miss the female Masshole fans with their pink Pats*** hats. 

Again for many all they have known is Brady and BB.. when they divorced they took sides.. lol

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, JohnNord said:

NE was very aggressive in overlaying free agents last season and for the most part, their big contracts didn’t really deliver.  

It seems that this season, they are going in the opposite direction and trying to find “value contracts.”  Doesn’t seem like it’s working so far

Well, the bloom is off the rose for the pats, and really, who wants to play for those guys? They are getting a taste of what we we Bills fans know all to well…, 

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Well really, who wants to play for that them, the bloom is off the rose as the saying goes.

No one ever really wanted to  play for the pats. They wanted to play with Tom Brady. 

we are now seeing that effect here. 

the pats are going to have to pony up the $$ to get FAs just like most other teams now. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No one ever wanted to laugh play for the pats. They wanted to play with Tom Brady. 

we are now seeing that effect here. 

the pats are going to have to pony up the $$ to get FAs just like most other teams now. 

I wondered as they went into that Covid opt out year and after if maybe without Tom there to be the GOAT and still taking the crap from Belichick and no longer having that winning aura if things might get harder to get guys to commit to that.

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Nah, if we are honest we all became fans usually because the team was good when we were young or they did something draw our attention to them. I know for me was the 86 team that drew me in..  what a ride those playoffs were.. 

Fair enough; I have always been a Bills fan because WNY has always been my home and because even when they weren't that good when I was small, I still got to watch OJ, but the 1980 team (when I was 11) that finally beat Miami and went to the playoffs really cemented it.  That, more than anything else, carried me through the lean years of the mid-80s and then the Drought.

But that's for people like you and me who became fans when we were young and impressionable.  I'm talking more about the people in Connecticut who were adults when Parcells went to NE and/or when the dominance began.  Those folks will go back to their old team just as soon as it gives them the faintest reason to do so.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BRH said:

Fair enough; I have always been a Bills fan because WNY has always been my home and because even when they weren't that good when I was small, I still got to watch OJ, but the 1980 team (when I was 11) that finally beat Miami and went to the playoffs really cemented it.  That, more than anything else, carried me through the lean years of the mid-80s and then the Drought.

But that's for people like you and me who became fans when we were young and impressionable.  I'm talking more about the people in Connecticut who were adults when Parcells went to NE and/or when the dominance began.  Those folks will go back to their old team just as soon as it gives them the faintest reason to do so.

Oh ya the Pats bandwagon was HUGE!! Lol they don’t remember the Pre Bledsoe days.. brrr the early 90’s was horrid.  lol but I could at least afford tickets then lol.. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.