OT: The sudden existential crisis in New England

Success

1 hour ago, Ghost_002! said:

You can't truly believe this? Wow this has to be the most Buffalo Bills Fan post i have ever read on here.

Pats fans are becoming what I hoped they'd become:  Yankees fans.  More obsessed w/ the past than w/ their prospects in the present.

6 is the new 27.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

It’s called anyone under 40 doesn’t remember a rebuild. I will cheer them on but expect a bunch of young  FAST players on D especially at CB.  (I said I am hoping Booth, and Coby)

On O I expect them draft Menchie 3 to help Jones out, I would love for them sign Julio Jones on a 1-2 yr contract to help the rookie get his feet under him as well.. 

and anyone over 40 knows they’re really Giants fans.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Success said:

It started w/ the 1st no-punt game, and really took a leap w/ the 2nd no-punt game.  Now, w/ the signing of Von Miller, it's a complete meltdown over there.  

The comments around the boards & twitter are truly enjoyable:  "We have more cap than they do - how are they signing this guy, and we're losing good players?"  "We're not going to compete in the division, much less for the conference or a SB...I didn't sign up for this!," "It's not my fault that all I've known is winning...what are we supposed to do?"

And the script has been flipped.  We're the team that has the elite QB, that top free agents want to play with, and with the GM who plays chess.  

Watching what the Pats are doing so far this offseason, my guess is that BB is looking at the landscape & going in for a full 2-3 year rebuild. He knows they can't compete w/ the top teams this year.

I know, I know...."they live in my head."  But after 20 years, this is really fun.

NE was very aggressive in overlaying free agents last season and for the most part, their big contracts didn’t really deliver.  

It seems that this season, they are going in the opposite direction and trying to find “value contracts.”  Doesn’t seem like it’s working so far

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Im sure there are a lot of sour "6 years $120 million for an old man?" comments

Yep, lots of comments like that on the Rams forum yesterday. Plus, some said the only reason Von was successful was because he was paired with Aaron Donald, and Buffalo has no one like that.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

84324AAA-EFE6-4C62-9345-9B87EAAEE6A3.thumb.jpeg.7d156e33f83ea31ea29df26b460bd9b8.jpeg

How did they not have any money?  Who manages their cap?  They found the cash to re-sign every last 30+ hasbeen from the Brady Years.  They found a quarter BILLION dollars to try and rebuild their their team from the 2000s, because it was 5D chess, 1000 IQ roster construction.  But they can't find Alpha WR money to bail out poor McCorkle or keep his O-line whole?

It's like the Pats can't sign a player who weighs less than 250 lbs, or is younger than 29.

Edited by Coffeesforclosers
  • Like (+1) 1

The biggest thing here is that based on the last two games, Josh is no longer confused by Billy’s defense.  

‘Even late in his Colts run, you could still see that Billy was still getting in Peyton’s head.  Not so with Josh - he absolutely dismantled that unit the last two games and just picked them apart without hesitation .

5 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

It’s called anyone under 40 doesn’t remember a rebuild. I will cheer them on but expect a bunch of young  FAST players on D especially at CB.  (I said I am hoping Booth, and Coby)

On O I expect them draft Menchie 3 to help Jones out, I would love for them sign Julio Jones on a 1-2 yr contract to help the rookie get his feet under him as well.. 

Agree with i1st sentence.

Look, forget trying to debate a Pats Fan. I’ve been told Belichick would take Mac Jones over Josh Allen, if that doesn’t tell you how delusional they are, nothing will.

I will say I enjoyed going to the ‘85 Super Bowl and watching the Bears destroy the Pats. 
I hope you Pats fans keep coming on to this board. After the whipping in the Playoffs last year I think all the Pats mystique is gone. Belichick is old and will retire in 2-3 years. 
Brady won the Super Bowls, Bill was along for the ride. Without Brady Bill wouldn’t have won one Super Bowl. 

Went to their site and it's pretty funny.  A bunch of their posters think that the Miller signing is actually good for the Pats and bad for the Bills since Belichick will "run right at Miller" and neutralize his effectiveness.  These guys are pretty sad and haven't come to terms with the fact that they are on the cusp of becoming the Dick Jauron Buffalo Bills.

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.