OT: The sudden existential crisis in New England

Success

It started w/ the 1st no-punt game, and really took a leap w/ the 2nd no-punt game.  Now, w/ the signing of Von Miller, it's a complete meltdown over there.  

The comments around the boards & twitter are truly enjoyable:  "We have more cap than they do - how are they signing this guy, and we're losing good players?"  "We're not going to compete in the division, much less for the conference or a SB...I didn't sign up for this!," "It's not my fault that all I've known is winning...what are we supposed to do?"

And the script has been flipped.  We're the team that has the elite QB, that top free agents want to play with, and with the GM who plays chess.  

Watching what the Pats are doing so far this offseason, my guess is that BB is looking at the landscape & going in for a full 2-3 year rebuild. He knows they can't compete w/ the top teams this year.

I know, I know...."they live in my head."  But after 20 years, this is really fun.

• Like (+1) 37
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Success said:

It started w/ the 1st no-punt game, and really took a leap w/ the 2nd no-punt game.  Now, w/ the signing of Von Miller, it's a complete meltdown over there.  

The comments around the boards & twitter are truly enjoyable:  "We have more cap than they do - how are they signing this guy, and we're losing good players?"  "We're not going to compete in the division, much less for the conference or a SB...I didn't sign up for this!," "It's not my fault that all I've known is winning...what are we supposed to do?"

And the script has been flipped.  We're the team that has the elite QB, that top free agents want to play with, and with the GM who plays chess.  

Watching what the Pats are doing so far this offseason, my guess is that BB is looking at the landscape & going in for a full 2-3 year rebuild. He knows they can't compete w/ the top teams this year.

I know, I know...."they live in my head."  But after 20 years, this is really fun.

It’s called anyone under 40 doesn’t remember a rebuild. I will cheer them on but expect a bunch of young  FAST players on D especially at CB.  (I said I am hoping Booth, and Coby)

On O I expect them draft Menchie 3 to help Jones out, I would love for them sign Julio Jones on a 1-2 yr contract to help the rookie get his feet under him as well.. 

• Like (+1) 1

Idk.  He has lost touch with the modern athlete imo.  Drafting is a problem for him.  Doesnt want to pay corner because of backwards thinking.  Players farthest away from the ball you value the least.  The game has evolved.  Cb and Wr are becoming a premium position.  He values FA cbs over his own in many cases. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

It’s called anyone under 40 doesn’t remember a rebuild. I will cheer them on but expect a bunch of young  FAST players on D especially at CB.  (I said I am hoping Booth, and Coby)

On O I expect them draft Menchie 3 to help Jones out, I would love for them sign Julio Jones on a 1-2 yr contract to help the rookie get his feet under him as well.. 

Always on the prowl for Pats mentions...

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Success said:

They came dangerously close to winning the division last year.  I'll start talking ***** when Josh kisses the Lombardi.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Really confused by BB and the Pats offseason plan. It was expected they were going to be players again in FA but as of right now their roster is markedly worse on paper than last year.

And their local media is equally perplexed by the offensive line especially after news broke with Miller landing with the Bills.

To their credit though they have been great at developing the oline position with late round draft picks and UDFA types and perhaps plan on doing that again even though it's a risky move with a developing young player like Jones entering a crucial 2nd season.

45 minutes ago, Gugny said:

They came dangerously close to winning the division last year.  I'll start talking ***** when Josh kisses the Lombardi.

Well, we absolutely dominated them in the last two meetings, like, historic beat downs.

Bills fans are entitled to a little smack talk.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Gugny said:

And we came dangerously close (literally one play) from being the #1 seed, it goes both ways.

It is however fun to see Pats fans on Twitter being so beaten that they have literally taken to citing another team's accomplishment ("13 seconds") as their comeback when they try to troll Bills tweets.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.