Bye bye Beasley

HappyDays

3 hours ago, Magox said:

Loved what he brought to the table.  Came up big in big games, super dependable, tough and very productive for the Bills.

Great signing and helped Josh in his development.   He will be missed but it’s the right move.

Arguably the most willing of any of our receivers to take a beating to make the play.  I'm guessing we'll ask the tight ends to pick up the underneath yards.

7 minutes ago, In Summary said:

Arguably the most willing of any of our receivers to take a beating to make the play.  I'm guessing we'll ask the tight ends to pick up the underneath yards.

Diggs has been regularly opening himself up and willingly taking a pounding since he got here.

There's been multiple instances where I've found myself yelling "Geebus kid, get your ass down"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, In Summary said:

That probably explains the interest in McKissic as well. 

Rather than the TEs,  I also wonder if,  while everyone is expecting a speed type slot WR,  maybe they take Treylon Burks at 25. 

Loved Beaz and his time here, but at 33 years old he lost a considerable amount of his explosiveness.  It was extremely noticeable. He's taken a lot of hits and not a big guy.  It had to be done. 

Best of luck to him in his post-football career. Maybe he tries to hang around for another year or two somewhere else but his days of being an impact slot guy are likely over. 

• Agree 1

Over on Instgram, McKenzie posted a nice tribute to Bease:

"zee_thoven: Thank you for the wisdom, encouragement, laughs and just being a helluva teammate/brother to me. Love you ✊🏾❤️"

And Cole replied like:

"bease11: You know I got love for you big dog. Josh is in good hands. It’s been awesome to see you grow and take constructive criticism from me like a champ. That takes humility and I learned just as much from you as you may have from me if not more. Go show em what you’ve been ready for your whole life."

Now that's a great guy. Whatever you feel about his vax stance, he's a stand up guy and he gave us all he had. I think this was the right choice for Buffalo, but I appreciate Beasley and all he did.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I just wonder if he’s a scheme fit for their passing game.  They seem like run it down your throat then throw over your head

They still need a safety blanket for Tannehill. And unlike the colts they know who their QB will be.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

That probably explains the interest in McKissic as well. 

Rather than the TEs,  I also wonder if,  while everyone is expecting a speed type slot WR,  maybe they take Treylon Burks at 25. 

Drake London or Jahan Dotson are the top 2 on my list.

Politics aside, Cole was an excellent Buffalo Bill.  There’s not a doubt in mind that he help Josh grow as QB - especially in 2020 where he was his security blanket.  

He might be losing a step, but again zone defense he still knows where to get open. 

Because of his views he will probably never get the credit he deserves, which is too bad because he really boosted the offense 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

You might want to actually do some research before you spew nonsense.  In 4 of the Bills 6 losses, Beasley had 4 of his 6 highest target games.  9, 8, 8, and 7 targets in those losses.  Only two games seen higher targets of 10 and 11 against the Dolphins and WTF Football team.

Because he got targets too late

9 minutes ago, Trekking said:

Because he got targets too late

That is not what you said.  You said this "Games we lost were games Josh ignored Beasley."

You were wrong.  Just own up.  You are wrong on your changed statement too so maybe you can own up now on both of these or maybe you want to move the goal posts again dig yourself deeper.  Just so you know, I looked at the games and Beasley was getting targets from the Bills first drive and throughout the game so you might want to just stop now.

Edited by Scott7975

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.