Bye bye Beasley

HappyDays

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

It means Beasley wanted out of Buffalo.

Don't both statements mean that, though?

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I can’t see this tweet for some reason, what does it say?

Quote is: " “Cole Beasley asked for a trade” is NOT the same as “The #Bills gave Cole Beasley permission to seek a trade”. Please don’t re-write history. Buffalo wasn’t gonna keep him at that cap number, and no other team bit at that cap number either, so he got released."

I mean, to me, they seem like the same thing - doesn't he have to ask for a trade to receive permission to seek one?

I'm sure to Nolan they're different statements, that's why I'm asking to be enlightened.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Loved what he did here for a while, but just was too much of a distraction considering his declining production.  I really hope we can find someone who can find gaps in the zone like he could

Wish him the best. Cole will always have a spot in Bills lore.....

Just now, Scott7975 said:

It means Beasley wanted out of Buffalo.

Yeah.  All the back and forth stuff on twitter probably didn't help.  I think he took everything very personally.  When he commented publicly, about Bills fans "supposedly the best in the leauge" booing him early in the season, it felt like things changed.  I was at some of those early games, and I think, by and large, the fans loved Beasley...if people were booing him, it wasn't a large contingent.  But, the ego can be fragile...the voice of small handful of critics was much louder, for him, than the thousands of supportive voices.  Too bad...great player.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That Beasley initiated the Trade.  Essentially he wanted to be traded and the Bills gave him the OK to seek trade.

Another version of this.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If you click on it you can see it on twitter.  Clarifies that it was Beasley and his agent that asked the Bills for a trade, which the Bills agreed to grant them permission to seek one out.  It wasn't the Bills who first put Beasley on the trading block.  

Beasley wanted out, could be because Beane approached him about a pay cut...could be he was frustrated (as he vocalized during last season) of getting booed and heckled in his own home stadium by fans near the bench...maybe a lack of commitment by Beane beyond this season...could be something totally different.  There has been no leaks to allude to what prompted his trade request, so anything is just 100% pure speculation.

But I think its a safe guess its likely something to do contractually (like us wanting to adjust his deal or something) or him just wanting a change in scenery after falling out of favor with his own fan base last year after things he kept arguing in the public eye.  Maybe a combo of both.  Who knows, but it was Beasley's side that requested a trade.  

Also:  Beane publicly said more than once he expected Cole to be here for his final year of his contract when asked in the off season about his future prior to Cole's trade request.  There is really no doubt whose side decided to seek a trade, and once he did, I am sure Beane was now of the mindset to cut him and take the cap savings if they don't find a trade given the player seemed to want out.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Don't both statements mean that, though?

In the end, they both do mean that, whether (1) Beasley just wanted out and asked for permission to seek a trade, or (2) Beasley wanted out after refusing to take a paycut and asking permission to seek a trade. While reasons may vary, either one ends up with Beasley choosing to want out.

12 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Only distinction based on that phrasing that I can see is that he asked meaning it came from him, and not that he was told he could meaning it came from the team.

Except that Beane did say in a presser that  Beasley talked to them and they responded.

But maybe the distinction to Nolan is "asked for a trade" means "I'm not happy here, Trade Me" vs. "granted permission to seek a trade" means "I know I'm Turk-bait to you, I don't want to take a pay cut, I'd like a chance to keep my current contract, can we ask around?"

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Except that Beane did say in a presser that  Beasley talked to them and they responded.

But maybe the distinction to Nolan is "asked for a trade" means "I'm not happy here, Trade Me" vs. "granted permission to seek a trade" means "I know I'm Turk-bait to you, I don't want to take a pay cut, I'd like a chance to keep my current contract, can we ask around?"

The distinction is one is him asking to be traded, and the other is the team telling him "Hey you can go see if teams want to trade for you."

Foregone conclusion that he would be released.  They gave him an opportunity to seek a trade but no one was buying.  He is effective WR and can help a team.  There is a slim chance that he comes back.  I wish him good luck.

He helped Allen evolve to the Qb he is now.  Much repect for Bease.  I think the whole anti vax thing soured him to some.  Overall, Mckenzie will need to make a massive step up to mitigate his loss.  I expect Buffalo will be on the hunt for a cheaper vet to come in and help with that role and target share.

Edited by Mat68

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

He helped Allen evolve to the Qb he is now.  Much repect for Bease.  I think the whole anti vax thing soured him to some.  Overall, Mckenzie will need to make a massive step up to mitigate his loss.  I expect Buffalo will be on the hunt for a cheaper vet to come in and help with that role and target share.

I'm hoping they draft a good rookie WR.  And a rookie TE.  McKenzie is no spring chicken himself.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm hoping they draft a good rookie WR.  And a rookie TE.  McKenzie is no spring chicken himself.

With Howard brought in Idk if TE is top of my list for needs.  CB 2 is my highest priority at the moment.  I wouldn't want to depend on a day 2 wr to make a big impact.  I think Buffalo is front and center for a vet wr.  One that misses on big money come in for a prove it deal and have Allen make you money next year and compete for a chip while it happens. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.