Bye bye Beasley

HappyDays

48 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Doesnt mean he wont come back at lower offer

Stranger things have happened and never say never and all that, but after the strain of last season, I’d be shocked if he plays for us again at any price. 

• Like (+1) 1

While I disagreed with his stance on Covid and how he handled getting the shot (from a team standpoint more so than personal choice), can’t thank the guy enough for what he did here. From Josh’s development to the clutch catch on a key down, Cole was there and integral to the team’s success. Wish him luck as he moves on (unless he signs with the cheats, at which point he’s dead to me 😜🤣). 

Edited by TheProcess
  • Like (+1) 2

When he first came to Buffalo, it was a match made in Heaven.  He loved Josh, the offense, his role in the offense, the fans.  And we all loved him back.  

Somehow much of that fell apart.   

I think it's odd we couldn't find a trade partner.  But at least by releasing him - giving him the freedom he wants to play elsewhere - we gain much need cap space.  

58 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Doesnt mean he wont come back at lower offer

I was thinking he could go to the Patriots. But noodle-arm MacCorkle can't make the throws Josh can. It'll be like going from a Ferrari to a Yugo.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Trekking said:

This is going to bite us. Games we lost were games Josh ignored Beasley. Games we salvaged were games Josh ignored Beasley until the second half and then all of a sudden got over the hump. Daboll tried to ignore Beasley and go to less reliable options. 

I see us struggling down the wire without Beasley. His replacements are serviceable but aren’t as clutch. 

You might want to actually do some research before you spew nonsense.  In 4 of the Bills 6 losses, Beasley had 4 of his 6 highest target games.  9, 8, 8, and 7 targets in those losses.  Only two games seen higher targets of 10 and 11 against the Dolphins and WTF Football team.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

TBH, Bruce Nolan's distinction escapes me here.

Can someone explain?

Sure Beasley ASKED to be Traded.  Bills gave permission to shop per that ask. Nothing came from that and Cut.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Sure Beasley ASKED to be Traded.  Bills gave permission to shop per that ask. Nothing came from that and Cut.

Right.  So what is the distinction that Bruce Nolan is making where "“Cole Beasley asked for a trade” is NOT the same as “The #Bills gave Cole Beasley permission to seek a trade”?  'Cuz I doan gettit

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Right.  So what is the distinction that Bruce Nolan is making where "“Cole Beasley asked for a trade” is NOT the same as “The #Bills gave Cole Beasley permission to seek a trade”?  'Cuz I doan gettit

One would be the player asking for the trade.  The other is the Team initiating the trade stuff.  

That is the distinction, Bills wanted him back at a certain price, Beasley wanted out.  Bills obliged. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Only distinction based on that phrasing that I can see is that he asked meaning it came from him, and not that he was told he could meaning it came from the team.

47 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

McKissic was not a replacement for Beasley.  He was a back with great hands and strong YAC.

I think it's possible that Dorsey and Brady want to make more use of TE in the short/intermediate passing game.

Teams that don’t adjust get passed by. I think we got a look at where Dorsey is headed on O adding players that are chess pieces who can line up in multiple roles. The Howard signing allowing 12 formations where a TE can split for passing or stay inline for the run. McKenzie being less of a dedicated slot guy than Beasley, who can run jets or attack downfield with speed. The presumptive McKissic signing of a triple-threat back to thwart shells and attack any voids underneath with run or pass.

That last piece is still missing on the roster. Patterson could fit the role if the numbers can work. Or in the draft, I know Breece Hall is the hot name but a guy like Georgia’s James Cook who slides into rd 4 might actually be the better fit; if you thought McKissic was the answer to begin with, he’s basically McKissic with a 4.4 instead of 4.6.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It means Beasley wanted out of Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Yeah me too. Will always be grateful for what he brought to the team and have great memories of the many key plays he made. Such a shame that the whole Covid thing happened and the tone changed this year. This little comment by McKenzie on OBL kinda sums it up best. Best of luck #11 wherever you suit up next (unless it's NE).

The thing that struck me about that was Tasker and Brown lecturing McKenzie on "Business 101", separating the restaurant phone from his cell phone!!!!

My belief during the season was that the "distraction" thing was 1000% overblown and not really an issue to Beasley or to the team, but McKenzie's comments do make it sound as though perhaps Beasley's mind wasn't 100% focused on football.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.