Bye bye Beasley

HappyDays

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

its a shame he is leaving the Bills in a weird divided state where some are grateful for his time here and bummed to him and go, and others are excited to see him go and can't stand him.  

Coles deserves some appreciation for what he truly did for this team:

1. Played his heart out on the field, played tough for his small stature, and made a LOT of critical plays that led to us winning a lot of games.  
  2. Played hurt, on a broken leg, for this team in the playoffs leaving everything on the field.
  3. Was instrumental in Josh's development, said by Josh himself, by always being in his ear non stop analyzing plays in practice or games, what Josh was seeing, what Cole was seeing, etc etc.  
  4. Was a great locker room guy and teammate according to just about everyone in the locker room.  

I get there is controversy around him because of what he decided to be vocal about and how he went about it on social media.  But putting that aside, he was a great signing and played a key role for this offense and for Josh.  

And for that, I will be forever grateful to you Beasley despite hard disagreements with a lot of your personal opinions and beliefs.  Best of luck to you where ever you land.  

Balanced and thoughtful!  Wait, are we doing that kind of thing on this site?? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

If they truly thought his time was done and they had no plan for him, they'd cut him. As you pointed out.

Obviously (although this could change at literally any second), at this time, they want to keep Star around as a 1Tech candidate.

And the same could have been said about Beasley 15 min ago.  He will be cut.  

Jones

Settle 

Phillips

Oliver

Ankou

Star (how many DTs do you want?)

Just now, MAJBobby said:

And the same could have been said about Beasley 15 min ago.  He will be cut.  

Jones

Settle 

Phillips

Oliver

Ankou

Star (how many DTs do you want?)

Nah, we knew Bease was on his way out, especially after the permission to seek a trade. Star hasnt been given anything like that yet.

6 minutes ago, Process said:

Typically, yes, cut them now and let them find a team.

After the BS he pulled with Covid, who cares? 

Treating all players with respect is the best way for the front office. No reason to give potential FA’s any reason to cause doubt. Look how close it was with Von Miller, some small thing could be the difference in the player going elsewhere. 

Also, what do the Bills gain by holding onto him a bit longer? They wouldn’t release him without a plan, and walking the high road is about following ones (or an organizations) values, regardless of others actions. 

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Nah, we knew Bease was on his way out, especially after the permission to seek a trade. Star hasnt been given anything like that yet.

1. Beasley Requested Trade

2. Star said he wasnt going to play again

He was so important on seemingly always making it 

2nd and 4 or less

or

Turning 3rd and 5 into a 1st Down and extending drives.

the real secret to the prolific buffalo offense has usually been Off Schedule 1st downs by Allen running or the short 3rd down grabs by the Beasleys.

without those contributions so many drives would have been forced into 4th down decisions of punts, go for it or field goals instead on the end result that was many times touchdowns.

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If they truly thought his time was done and they had no plan for him, they'd cut him. As you pointed out.

Obviously (although this could change at literally any second), at this time, they want to keep Star around as a 1Tech candidate.

I wonder what will happen with Star? If they bring him back for this season, it would have to mean they have some faith in him as part of the rotation.  I’ll be happy for the day we move on, even if it’s not until next season 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

1. Beasley Requested Trade

2. Star said he wasnt going to play again

Did Star say this? I didn’t hear 

Beaser was a real asset for the offense.  I did not agree with his covid stance, but he was one of the best at his position and a key element of the offense.  But as I've said before, as Bill Walsh used to say better to get rid of a guy a year too early than a year too late.  And with Ike coming back, the $$ can probably be better spent on a CB or another interior O lineman.  

• Like (+1) 1

Dude did his job on the field while he was here.  HUGE in Josh's development.  Played with a broken leg.  Caught some otherwise pretty uncatchable passes.

Now is just the right time for him to go for more than one reason.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Tanoros said:

I wonder what will happen with Star? If they bring him back for this season, it would have to mean they have some faith in him as part of the rotation.  I’ll be happy for the day we move on, even if it’s not until next season 

Did Star say this? I didn’t hear 

It has been reported on WGR about retirement

And in terms of beasley requesting trade.   it is in this very thread.

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

Cole Beasley was a fantastic Buffalo Bill and there is no way our team is better without him.  I understand it's a business and there's only so much money to go around.  I wish him success wherever he goes.

Thanks Cole for being a part of turning this dysfunctional franchise around.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

It has been reported on WGR about retirement

And in terms of beasley requesting trade.   it is in this very thread.

Retirement is perfect. Even less reason to release him or for the Bills to do anything. Let that take care of itself.

Thanks for the Bease link. Even more reason he got released sooner rather than later.

Not sure the point you are arguing here.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.