Since we appear to be "All-In", is there anyone in this draft worth trading up for?

Virgil

5 minutes ago, Sestak4ever said:

Agree. We need quality, not quantity. We have most of the pieces in place. Getting cb’s or wr’s on rookie deals is the way to go early in the draft. Beane  has already hinted he would try to move up if they saw someone dropping that they rated highly.

We do need some, we let Klein go, cb is thin,  iol is thin,  could use a rb wr, and punter.  We might keep more than we expect this year, contracts are getting expensive abs you need that pipeline of cheap talent,  Oops I mean youth

50 minutes ago, B-Man said:

They have 9 picks already.

I can't foresee more than 3-4 rookies making the final squad

There is no need to add more picks.

I see the bills moving up, then trading late round picks to move up, and ending up with 4-5 picks between rounds 2-5, just my opinion 

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We're not going all in.  Millers contract I believe is only a cap hit of $7 million this coming season.  The cap is going way up next year and Diggs will probably get an extension that should free up more money.  Beane has set us up good and I don't think there's anyone worth trading up for to "mortgage" our future.

Where are you seeing that?  Everything I've seen indicates a 17.5 cap hit

4 hours ago, GolfandBills said:

They will need some cheap contracts so i think they’ll draft where they are.  

Yup after all the movement yesterday I don't see us trading up in the 1st. Maybe day 2?  Being cap tight we're probably not signing all the picks anyway. The only chance at Breece Hall will require a trade up.

First I disagree that Beane "is not a trade up guy".  He did for Allen, Edmunds, Ford, and Knox.   In fact I think he has only traded down once in his tenure.  

That being said, I think the he should only trade up if he falls in love with a new Middle Linebacker and moves Edmunds for a second round pick to use to move up in the draft.

A suitable WR or CB will be there in rounds 1 and 2.  

As I posted in another thread I feel there are just not that many open roster spots.  I believe the Bills currently have 5 picks in rounds 5-7.  Beane should take a punter with a day 3 pick and trade at least two or three day three picks away for picks in 2023.

7 hours ago, schoolhouserock said:

It feels like the Bills are destined to pick both a WR and a CB in the first two rounds.

They’re so willing to spend on the lines that they could really use cost-controlled rookie contracts at the WR and CB positions.

I don't want a WR that early but I think you are correct, both positions are loaded this draft and I would be surprised if two of first three are not those two positions.

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We're not going all in.  Millers contract I believe is only a cap hit of $7 million this coming season.  The cap is going way up next year and Diggs will probably get an extension that should free up more money.  Beane has set us up good and I don't think there's anyone worth trading up for to "mortgage" our future.

What I read was his salary this year is $7 million but part of his signing bonus will have to hit this year also meaning he will cost low teens 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Virgil said:

I haven't even begun to think about this upcoming draft and I know the Beane isn't a huge trade up guy.  Beane likes to acquire picks and we have a lot of depth spots to fill.  However, with the recent moves and cap spending, is there a difference maker that will be there at 10 or higher, that's worth us trading up for?

From my little research, there isn't a WR that would be worth it.  I'm actually inclined to take that WR from Bama who is hurt.  I'd be all for a versatile LB that could wreak some havoc.  Every other position we need, seems like there's plenty of depth and solid starters.  I know a lot are clamoring for that DT who ran a crazy fast 40, but I think our D-Line is set now. 

Anyone?

How soon you forget.  They’ve traded up for Josh Allen, Edmunds, Ford and Knox, just to name a few.

7 hours ago, Pete said:

I could see the Bills moving back and loading up picks rounds 2-5.  That’s where the depth of this draft is.  And contracts will be much smaller than first rounders.  
Bills add CB, WR, RB, IOL, P

The more active they are in free agency on splash contracts....the more I tend to agree with this.

LB in the middle rounds could also be a thing.

8 hours ago, GolfandBills said:

They will need some cheap contracts so i think they’ll draft where they are.  

devils advocate to this is its a very  deep draft, and is not top heavy.... price of trading up might be at an all time low.

i could see a scenario where a player at position of need drops, and we slide up to snag him... i doubt it, but no sense in ruling anything out with beaner

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.