Since we appear to be "All-In", is there anyone in this draft worth trading up for?

Virgil

39 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

They will need some cheap contracts so i think they’ll draft where they are.  

Agreed on this.

Actually, I would not be surprised to see the Bills even work their way down the board a little bit to pick up an extra body or two.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

I could see the Bills moving back and loading up picks rounds 2-5.  That’s where the depth of this draft is.  And contracts will be much smaller than first rounders.  
Bills add CB, WR, RB, IOL, P

I'm leaning toward this as well.  Obviously, if someone who they have an R1 grade on slips, they take him; otherwise a move back might be wise. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Pete said:

I could see the Bills moving back and loading up picks rounds 2-5.  That’s where the depth of this draft is.  And contracts will be much smaller than first rounders.  

This, or I could see them trading back into the bottom of Rd 1 if there's someone they like who could be a day 1 starter in order to get the extra year of a rent controlled contract.

37 minutes ago, Pete said:

They have 9 picks already.

I can't foresee more than 3-4 rookies making the final squad

There is no need to add more picks.

• Agree 2

Just now, B-Man said:

Yes but 4 of those 9 are in the last 2 rounds. I don’t think they will trade back but if they did, it would add a higher mid round pick like a late 3 or early 4. Don’t want them to trade completely out of the first round though because of that 5th year option.

26 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I think they'll stay put and have some combo of CB, WR, C/G in rounds 1-3. Leaning towards taking that C/G in the 3rd, depending how the draft falls.

No moving up since the real difference makers will be going too high to get to from #25.

LB is a position to watch out for, as of now Edmunds is playing on his 5th year and a looming UFA. 

I do agree with this list btw, rd1-3 will depend on talent on the board.  

Beane may move a bit for who he wants or if a position is getting thin and there is a talent dropoff though; he always does.

He is a very open GM, well as open as he can be, and he usually doesn't move from what he said...

Also, this seems to be a fairly deep draft,  which make me think next year's might be looking light... 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

LB is a position to watch out for, as of now Edmunds is playing on his 5th year and a looming UFA. 

I do agree with this list btw, rd1-3 will depend on talent on the board.  

Beane may move a bit for who he wants or if a position is getting thin and there is a talent dropoff though; he always does.

He is a very open GM, well as open as he can be, and he usually doesn't move from what he said...

Also, this seems to be a fairly deep draft,  which make me think next year's might be looking light... 

I would LOVE to be able to grab Nakobe Dean in the 1st, but I dont think we do even if he is there.

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I would LOVE to be able to grab Nakobe Dean in the 1st, but I dont think we do even if he is there.

Depends who else is on the board...

Do we really tie up money in 2 LB contracts? Not trying to be that guy either...even though I usually am.

It comes down to what hole we want and what the prospects are of filling the hole in FA vs a long time partner in a position we value. 

I do wonder,if at this moment, CB2 is that important on our team.

Not sure there is a perfect answer for this, other than we will find out. 

36 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Agree. We need quality, not quantity. We have most of the pieces in place. Getting cb’s or wr’s on rookie deals is the way to go early in the draft. Beane  has already hinted he would try to move up if they saw someone dropping that they rated highly.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Depends who else is on the board...

Do we really tie up money in 2 LB contracts? Not trying to be that guy either...even though I usually am.

It comes down to what hole we want and what the prospects are of filling the hole in FA vs a long time partner in a position we value. 

I do wonder,if at this moment, CB2 is that important on our team.

Not sure there is a perfect answer for this, other than we will find out. 

Drafting Dean would allow us to move on from Edmunds and have only 1 real LB contract (Milano).

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.