March Madness 2022

Mark Vader

When the team you root for gets beaten in the NCAA's,

Do  you lose all interest.? 

Root FOR  the  team that beat them?

Root AGAINST the team that beat them ?

Hope that your bracket still can win, since everyone else's bracket is broken also?

The ACC, trashed all year, sends three teams to the Elite 8.  Some things never change.

I really can’t believe that if the Tar Heels beat Saint friggin’ Peter’s they are going to the Final Four.  That’s crazy; a little over a month ago they were a bubble team and lost at home to Pittsburgh.

Miami is athletic and really well coached.

And the young Dookies finally look like they are playing free…but I’m still rooting hard for Arkansas tonight.

Great tournament.

4 minutes ago, eball said:

The ACC, trashed all year, sends three teams to the Elite 8.  Some things never change.

The potential scenario of UNC ending Coach K's career in the Final Four must have you bouncing around the room :lol:

Just now, Simon said:

Afraid you'll be playing 5 on 7?

Ha.  I think most Carolina and Dook fans alike dread the prospect of facing each other in this scenario.  It’s the ultimate rivalry win (or loss).

• Agree 1

KU made it to the Elite 8 without their All American guard, Agbaji, showing up for the tourney yet.  His shooting percentage has been 35 percent, 35 percent and 20 percent in  3 games.  On the other hand, their star transfer, Remy Martin, is finally healthy and has shown up in a big way.  He's a one man show.

They are still a very streaky team...

11 hours ago, TBBills said:

First ever 15 seed in the elite 8... congrats Saint Peters.

My best friend from college had a daughter who played for St Peter’s and they would attend a ton of home and away games. (He learned his way around NYC pretty well!) He sent me pictures of them celebrating the last win, all wearing their St Peter’s gear. Oh my! It looked like college all over again! 

Months ago we were looking at the schedule for a nearby performing arts center. We noticed a couple comedians (Kathleen Madigan and Leann Morgan) were playing on back to back nights.  Great venue, so we bought tickets for both shows. It wasn’t until this week did I realize it was Elite Eight weekend. Ooops! Of course, we have dinner before the shows with friends, just to be sure I miss as much as possible.  😓

• Like (+1) 1

For gawds sake do they have to call a foul every time two guys touch each other?

They called almost 40 in the last game and are approaching that pace again in this one. 

Refs that need to involve themselves in every minute of the game are hurting this sport.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.