Any chance Jerry Hughes takes a below market value offer to try and get that ring?

buffaloboyinATL

I have not heard much about Jerry Hughes and whether he is going to retire or sign with another team.  I was wondering if he would stick around to play with Von Miller, even if the contract was less than what he would usually accept.  And of course, even if he would do it, what would the Bills be willing to pay him and is there room for him on this roster.  If he does not come back, I hope he retires. I'd rather not see him in a different uniform. (Although I was thinking it would be funny if he went back to where we originally got him. The Colts definitely have a ton of cap space) 

Anyone hearing anything about Jerry's plans?

• Haha (+1) 1

He and Miller really play the same spot, so he would have to accept that he’s a back-up and he paid like it.  His numbers over the last few years pretty much tell that story.  He’s still able to get pressure, but he rarely gets home anymore.   It would be fun to see him at DE and Miller playing at LB on passing downs, just let them both go after the QB.   I think his time here is probably done, he’s getting up in age we have 3 young guys, plus Miller now, doesn’t seem there would be room. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

He and Miller really play the same spot, so he would have to accept that he’s a back-up and he paid like it.  His numbers over the last few years pretty much tell that story.  He’s still able to get pressure, but he rarely gets home anymore.   It would be fun to see him at DE and Miller playing at LB on passing downs, just let them both go after the QB.   I think his time here is probably done, he’s getting up in age we have 3 young guys, plus Miller now, doesn’t seem there would be room. 

I agree, he would definitely be a part of the rotation, rather than our feature DE, but he may be interested in being on the field with Miller from time to time, and being part of this upcoming season. But I honestly have no idea where his mind is right now.

• Like (+1) 1

I really hope he stays. My hope has nothing to do with (it's his income, not mine) any football realities. He has been a warrior for the Bills and suffered through some gruesome team times. I would like him to hold the Lombardi with the boys and Kim. Like Fred Jackson, he's a Bill for life.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Too late for a billboard?

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Who’s got the hookup?

No billboard, but maybe you can talk to my guy over at North Tonawanda Folding Table and Party Supply Warehouse for a custom table.

Ask for Bill Buffulo.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, NewEra said:

This is what I hope happens most.  

start a petition folks!!!

JEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

I woke up this AM thinking the same thing. I hope Jerry has it in him this season to take the pay cut and be part of the rotation. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.