Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

19 minutes ago, 716er said:

Can you post the RAS scores of all the RBs drafted the past maybe 5-10 years or link to where that can be found?

Can't find a list of that metric anywhere...

I did find Singletary's RAS was less than 2 and he's a pretty good player. 

https://ras.football/2017/01/17/rb-relative-athletic-scores-ras-table/

Heres some discussion.

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I won't be able to throw a remote because I won't have a free hand....because I'll be playing the worlds smallest violin.

That will be a change from you playing with the worlds smallest something else.

• Haha (+1) 2

If we draft Breece Hall, I’d like to see Singletary moved, likely as a piece to help us trade up in say the 3rd or 4th.  

He’s an above average RB, but not a playmaker, and has struggled in his 3 years when not given the bulk of snaps. 

He’s not a power guy to compliment Hall. 

We clearly wouldn’t be re-signing him and I’d rather roll with Hall, Johnson and Moss (or draft another RB in the mid/late rounds). 

Let Motor go somewhere that he has a chance to earn a second contract. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Based on historic data, Hall is in HOF worthy discussion already. Every great NFL player with the metrics Breece Hall has went on to do great things if they remained healthy. 

There are LOTS of college RBs that meet that criteria….and stunk

Just now, NewEra said:

There are LOTS of college RBs that meet that criteria….and stunk

A 40 below 4.4 ? And a RAS above 8 and at least 2 years of solid production 1,400+ or 1 year 1,800+ ? List them. There aren’t many. Runners like Reggie Bush and Darren McFadden are the floor. 

Well, I finally opened this thread.   Kind of amazing that one guy's passion has pushed this threat to nearly 100 pages!

I just watched Hall's 2021 highlights.   He certainly looks like an upgrade from Singletary, but I have to say I don't see the greatness Ironmaiden sees.   I don't see Marshawn Lynch.   

However, he does look like a quality back, and his receiving skills seem very good.  If his name is called at 25, I'll be happy because I'll know that Beane and McDermott will have decided that he's the back they need.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just wanted to come in and say that I respect @IronMaidenBills and @Solomon Grundy for planting their flag on “draft Breece Hall” hill and sticking with it for dozens of pages.

The Bills may draft him. They may not. But either way, you gentlemen can be proud to have defended your position with dedication and consistency for weeks and weeks in an internet message board.

Season 9 Good Job GIF by Friends

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

RAS for Singletary is so low because he is  small and slow. Those two things will kill a score. Size has a big factor in those calculations, but speed is more important. he lacks in both those areas, so low score. 

Which is why he was a bad draft pick. He does nothing elite and can’t get outside. 

5 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Which is why he was a bad draft pick. He does nothing elite and can’t get outside. 

To be fair, no one gets outside in the NFL. But I agree, I didn't like the pick because of lack of upside. i think he would excel in a Ravens top gap scheme offense. But again, you have to feed him carries for him to really impact the game. 

One thing I'm annoyed by Bills Twitter are the people who constantly bring up CEH and the Chiefs. Those are very different. Why? CEH didn't actually add anything new to the offense. He was a redundant piece that was supposed to make it harder for teams to defend the offense. But they already had speed, catching out of the backfield and decent runners. 

Breece Hall brings two aspects the Bills generally don't have. Home run speed, a receiving threat in the backfield and screen game. 

When you draft in the first round, you draft for something you're team doesn't have, and if it's so well rounded, then something that's going to come off the roster in the next year or two

• Like (+1) 1