Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

41 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

How did it work out for KC when in a similar situation they took CEH? Did it make them a better team? Nope. And Hall is no Helaire.

If they take a RB or trade out of the 1st I'm going to be super bummed. If anything I'd like to see them trade up and get a starter. How many roster spots do you think we have for any rookies past the 4th round? Trade all of those picks and get to like 15-20 and get a CB2!

You are right. Hall is no CHE, he is better than CHE. I would have never drafted CHe because his RAS and 40 time were garbage. Hall is elite based on RAS, college production, and 40 time. He’s in the upper echelon statistically. 

22 minutes ago, mrags said:

Well, you kinda made me look foolish but at the same time proved a point. In the Super Bowl the Chiefs won, they had Williams who rushed for over a hundred yards. A TD, a 6.1 yard average. Caught 4 passes for another 29 yards and another TD. All whine Mahomes only threw for a very low total (for him) of 286 yards. 

so your point about CEH is true. However it emphasizes the importance of a good RB that can be counted on in your offense. 

when they lost to the Buccs, CEH was limited to 64 yards. So the fact must be there that having a 100 yard RB is incredibly important to winning a SB. In that argument, Singletary will never get us there because he had like 2 his entire career. 

Actually nope - I think you are wrong again. 

First the rushing was done by a UDFA - a guy you can pick up anywhere - so no sense wasting a high pick.

Second the game was very even and low scoring early and the Chiefs did run the ball a bunch with limited success to the tune of falling behind 20 - 10.  Then guess what - they went almost exclusively to a passing attack and scored 3 4th quarter TDs - when the 49ers knew they were going to pass.

The run game of KC did nothing to help them win and actually put them into a huge hole as Mahomes struggled to get into any rhythm.

Once they got away from trying to run the ball. And focused on nearly 100% passing - they had 2 great drives to put themselves on top.

The last TD was a nearly 40 yard run by the UDFA Williams as SF crowded the line to keep them out of FG range after a turn over on downs.

Prior to that he had 60 yards rushing and 29 yards receiving with a rushing average of 4 YPC.  

I really don’t think that does much to prove your point about RB.  He was less helpful and had a lower YPC and yards per reception than Singletary.  If anything it proves we should wait because if Williams was good enough for KC to win - Singletary is significantly better and more than good enough to win.

Edited by Rochesterfan

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

You are right. Hall is no CHE, he is better than CHE. I would have never drafted CHe because his RAS and 40 time were garbage. Hall is elite based on RAS, college production, and 40 time. He’s in the upper echelon statistically. 

A lot of people don't even have him as RB1 in this draft. But you guys are so convinced he's amazing. What if the Bills take a RB but it's Spiller?

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

A lot of people don't even have him as RB1 in this draft. But you guys are so convinced he's amazing. What if the Bills take a RB but it's Spiller?

Thats just false. stop... its more like a handful. if that.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

I have a statistical breakdown that puts Hall in the Edgerrin James, AP, LT, JT echelon category. RAS+2 years of elite college production+ 40 times are all matches. Only so many rushers hit that trifecta. There are other metrics I used, and they all point to at least 3 years of 1,000 yards or more in the NFL if he remains healthy. It’s a 80%+ probability. At 25 that’s a bargain. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I always point to the Browns last season signing an UDFA off the street the week of the game and he ran for 100+ 4 days later. 😅

Just about ALL of these backs are so easily replaceable, it’s a sin to use a first rounder on one.

Yet here we are, 4 years into Devin Singletary and we still can’t get 100 yards out of a RB. 

20 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

No, RB do more than any other position because they take hits and get bent up weird etc. How many 30 yr old RBs are in the league vs any other position? It's just not a position of value. After QB it goes DE, WR, OL, CB. The RB position is the worst position of value for a 1st round pick

Isn’t that a reason you should find one young and in their prime in a rookie deal and have them locked up for 4-6 years while your QB is also in his prime and in a super bowl window?

I forgot, we’re not talking logically. So yeah, we shouldnt draft a RB. 

28 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

No other position will help this roster more then a top end RB. This roster is about completely built. Regardless of how you feel about the position, what you already have factors in. I hope the Bills take Hall.

completely wrong

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2

13 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Do you honestly see the Bills drafting a guy named Spiller after the first one was a bust?  That's a PR nightmare lol

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Do you honestly see the Bills drafting a guy named Spiller after the first one was a bust?  That's a PR nightmare lol

We would just need to rehire Chan Gailey so we can get him the ball in space

23 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I definitely like Ken Walker more as a runner but the receiving skills are questionable at this point, since Breece has been a solid receiver then he gets the edge in all the rankings/mocks.

Spiller, NO. Just NO, he's the last guy I want the Bills to draft. Has nothing to do with Spiller being his name, he's just a guy.

Just now, CapeBreton said:

I definitely like Ken Walker more as a runner but the receiving skills are questionable at this point, since Breece has been a solid receiver then he gets the edge in all the rankings/mocks.

Spiller, NO. Just NO, he's the last guy I want the Bills to draft. Has nothing to do with Spiller being his name, he's just a guy.

Ken Walker gets the edge for possibly being available @57, imo.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I guess you didn’t notice just how bad an offensive line the Bills had for just about the entirety of the season… 

Yup. I’ve seen the line play in each of the last 3 years with Singletary as well. He doesn’t have it. He’s not any better than average. He’s exactly the kind of player you get at the position when you draft one in round 3 every year. At some point we need to stop spinning the wheels and just get a good one. 

oh, and they aren’t drafting an OL in the first round anyway because they have done too much this off-season to justify it. They are going into the season with what we have at OL regardless how many people think we’re taking one. Unless someone slides way down the boards and we pick them up in mid/late rounds that shouldn’t be there anyway. 

38 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Actually nope - I think you are wrong again. 

First the rushing was done by a UDFA - a guy you can pick up anywhere - so no sense wasting a high pick.

Second the game was very even and low scoring early and the Chiefs did run the ball a bunch with limited success to the tune of falling behind 20 - 10.  Then guess what - they went almost exclusively to a passing attack and scored 3 4th quarter TDs - when the 49ers knew they were going to pass.

The run game of KC did nothing to help them win and actually put them into a huge hole as Mahomes struggled to get into any rhythm.

Once they got away from trying to run the ball. And focused on nearly 100% passing - they had 2 great drives to put themselves on top.

The last TD was a nearly 40 yard run by the UDFA Williams as SF crowded the line to keep them out of FG range after a turn over on downs.

Prior to that he had 60 yards rushing and 29 yards receiving with a rushing average of 4 YPC.  

I really don’t think that does much to prove your point about RB.  He was less helpful and had a lower YPC and yards per reception than Singletary.  If anything it proves we should wait because if Williams was good enough for KC to win - Singletary is significantly better and more than good enough to win.

So what your saying is the RB had the ability to score from just about anywhere in the field and ripped off a 40 yard TD to make it 2 for him that day and you say he had nothing to do with winning the game?

got it. Makes all the sense in the world now. Your football knowledge is baffling. 

• Like (+1) 1

Bryce Hall’s highlights are upper echelon. But the micro shows an average RB between the tackles. When watching the highlights he’s always running into light boxes. I’d be disappointed if he’s the pick @25 or @57. @89 that would be fine. 

57 minutes ago, Pabstblueribbon said:

I remember in his rookie year when Buffalo played KC the game plan to victory could be summed up as "keep the receivers contained and force kc to beat us on the ground" 

CEH ran to the tune of like 160yrds that day lol. 

Yeah. It’s tough for people to argue against it but they somehow do. All because theyve been indoctrinated into thinking the RB position is useless. Yet every single year in fantasy leagues they are like the top 3-5 players taken. I guess those fantasy points don’t actually mean anything on the field during games. 

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

Yeah. It’s tough for people to argue against it but they somehow do. All because theyve been indoctrinated into thinking the RB position is useless. Yet every single year in fantasy leagues they are like the top 3-5 players taken. I guess those fantasy points don’t actually mean anything on the field during games. 

Personally, I'm more into reality points.  Like wins and losses.   0:)

Edited by Shake_My_Head

If RB is such an easy position to fill, why are we even having this discussion. Singletary is nothing more than a good running back, I wouldn't even say very good. Why have we not been able to get better production out of the position. DS has had trouble winning the position from Moss, we need more talent at the position. I would not be disappointed if we took Hall. It will either be a CB or Hall, more and more pundits believe it will be Hall.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1