Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

43 minutes ago, Magox said:

Very interesting perspective from Albright, essentially making the case that choosing a first round RB is not as bad of a move as once thought of.  Saying that you can pick up the fifth year option, franchise him after and you can have 6 good years which is their typical shelf life with a relatively low cost.

It’s all part of the new analytics way of thinking about it.

Agree with this totally.  No it’s not guaranteed your Rb will be a game breaker but it super cost-effective and you get that RB’s beat years.  Get arguably the best player at their position in the draft.  Then grab a CB.  Then OL followed by TE, LB etc.

The kid would be a huge upgrade and give us an instant weapon.  He has a high ceiling, is already a proven workhorse who can play every down, is big and has breakaway speed. I’d have no problem with him as a late first round pick.  Would make us all that much more dangerous.  

I won’t be upset if we don’t grab him and go with a different positional choice, but I’m in the camp that’s more than fine with this move.  I’m waiting to see a threat in our backfield to give us more options.  

Edited by Aurelius
  • Disagree 1

32 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

6 years is the shelf life of a great RB? That sounds like the shelf life of an average RB at best. Why pick an average RB in the first round? And why pick a player in the first round that you've predetermined you won't sign to a 2nd deal?

Ummm...because you have an All World QB that you have to pay therefore not having to worry about that money to pay the RB that may be great? Don't forget the money being shelled out to your All Pro WR

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Magox said:

Very interesting perspective from Albright, essentially making the case that choosing a first round RB is not as bad of a move as once thought of.  Saying that you can pick up the fifth year option, franchise him after and you can have 6 good years which is their typical shelf life with a relatively low cost.

It’s all part of the new analytics way of thinking about it.

Only teams like us, can afford to do this.  Of course we better figure out CB.

Hall definitely fills a need.  

If he's what we think he can be he immediately makes this O better. 

If you don't find one in RD 3-5 we go into the season with a very much Super Bowl sounding duo of Devin Singletary and Duke Johnson.

It's just ridiculous to me that picking an RB especially if he turns out to be great is something you don't do.  At pick 25.  The first RB.  Who used to go in the top 10.  

For the record I'm really warming up to and leading to Skyy Moore.  

I'll see how I feel tomorrow lol 

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Ben Allbright mocked him to us

Daniel Jeremiah has him in Final mock tonight as well 

14 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I’ll be shocked if Beane takes a RB in the 1st round.  I’m fine with a RB from pick 33 on, but it makes zero economic sense to take a RB in the 1st round unless the guy is seriously special.  

If they take him there, they think he is 

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

That is pure speculation and conjecture. 

You take your opinion and present it as fact

I doubt people on here interpret what I say as fact.  I've been wrong plenty of times here.

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Paul Costa said:

Why has everyone broke the Beane draft code this year. No one has ever known who the Bills would take since Beane’s arrival. Why start now?

The last 3 years the experts have been saying RB for the Bills early, 1st or 2nd round. So far they’re 0-2, but this will be the big test. Hall will be there with our 1st pick.

36 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Ummm...because you have an All World QB that you have to pay therefore not having to worry about that money to pay the RB that may be great? Don't forget the money being shelled out to your All Pro WR

Just think about that. You're already determining that you're moving on from this player at 6 years if not sooner, but you're spending your 1st round pick on them. That doesn't seem like the way to build a sustained contender. 

Or another hypothetical: say the Bills pick Breece Hall or whoever, win a Super Bowl, and Breece Hall is so good that they're like "we probably wouldn't have won the SB without Breece Hall." You really think they're not going to pay the man? Or He's not going to be holding out for what he's worth?

And before you say "well then we'll just trade him for a bunch of picks." You really think someone else is going to trade a 1st round pick for a RB?

• Like (+1) 1