Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

16 minutes ago, NewEra said:

First time any has EVER said 4.48 is too slow for a RB.  Stop talking for awhile.  Now you’re just talking stupid just to try and raise your boy up.  Literally every RB in the draft has something wrong with them…. Except Breece Hall…..who can’t pass protect to save his life and could get our franchise QB killed in a fraction of a second

?? Nowhere does it say his weakness is pass protection. From everything I’ve read is he wasn’t asked to do it much, but doesn’t mean he isn’t capable. 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/breece-hall/32004841-4c18-9796-85f0-25933f010ae8

We want a RB that can get it to the outside. 4.48 speed vs 4.39 speed. Sorry I’m taking Hall because he played in Kromers type of schemes and is faster. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

?? Nowhere does it say his weakness is pass protection. From everything I’ve read is he wasn’t asked to do it much, but doesn’t mean he isn’t capable. 

LOL

https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/draft/2022-nfl-draft-prospect-profile-rb-breece-hall-iowa-state#gid=ci029ea1c900002620&pid=summary

He can clean up some issues in pass protection and doesn’t have a proven dynamic receiving ability beyond being a check-down option. Hall will be a starting running back in the league....

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

LOL

https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/draft/2022-nfl-draft-prospect-profile-rb-breece-hall-iowa-state#gid=ci029ea1c900002620&pid=summary

He can clean up some issues in pass protection and doesn’t have a proven dynamic receiving ability beyond being a check-down option. Hall will be a starting running back in the league....

This is a flaming pile of garbage. Obviously these people have never seen Hall’s one handed grabs downfield and grabs down the field. 

10 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

We want a RB that can get it to the outside. 4.48 speed vs 4.39 speed. Sorry I’m taking Hall because he played in Kromers type of schemes and is faster. 

I’ve seen it on several scouting reports….read more

Who’s to say that Walker can’t catch?  He just wasn’t asked to.  Walker might be a better receiver than HallZ. Right?

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Aurelius said:

Hey, we have 2 of Derrick Henry’s

blockers now.  We just need a Derrick Henry… 😉

4.48 and not a perimeter runner doesn’t check the boxes for what we need.  I like him otherwise but maybe not for us.  

A RB that can run between the tackles should not be looked at as a negative.   I see plenty of plays on his tape that show him bouncing it outside.

Look I know that me bringing up another player then Breece the shiny new toy is causing mayhem...I am simply pointing out that there are options.

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Slow compared to Hall. Which is what I meant. I rather have more speed and size. 

Translation (I want my shiny new toy)

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

A RB that can run between the tackles should not be looked at as a negative.   I see plenty of plays on his tape that show him bouncing it outside.

Look I know that me bringing up another player then Breece the shiny new toy is causing mayhem...I am simply pointing out that there are options.

Translation (I want my shiny new toy)

? No, translation. I want the better prospect in the draft that fits what we want to do. 

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Agree.  In addition, “slow” in this draft class means over 4.4 considering 5 backs ran in the 4.3’s which is unprecedented. 

17 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

This is a flaming pile of garbage. Obviously these people have never seen Hall’s one handed grabs downfield and grabs down the field. 

Lol. You’re parodying yourself at this point

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Why is this so hard for you? Is it not ok to want a RB that is bigger and faster? Bigger and faster is now bad? 

Bigger and faster than what?  Hall isn’t in our team.  He’s not a Bill……..White IS much bigger and faster than Singletary……what are you talking about?  

I get the Hall love after watching more tape on him.

But I still think it would be a little short sighted to give up on Singletary after he came on strong last year towards the end of the season (when we coincidentally ended the Zack Moss experiment and stopped wasting snaps on him).

So at this point if we do draft another RB I would prefer it to be somewhere in round 4 or later where you can still likely find an impact guy to pair with Singletary this season.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

Every Buffalo media guy seems to be portraying it the other way.  

Sal was again talking about it.  Beane had limited 1st round players somewhere in the 18-20 range and he expected at least 1 or 2 to be available at 25.

Then they asked about RB and Beane seemed to lump them in with the next group and on his show Sal said basically if all of the 1st round talent was gone - they would look at RB, but that position would require someone with exceptional talent to exceed the positional value.

So maybe he did not come right out and say they do not have a 1st round grade, but the way he spoke and the things the various media got from interviews seem to point very highly to them thinking he is not a first round talent (He might still get drafted in the first because of the limited talent levels in this draft).

We will see - as I have said - he could take him, but I think that would be about the last thing they want to do.  

I struggle to find many recent 1st round RBs that are elite and worth the pick.  You don’t think the Giants are kicking themselves for picking Barkley at this point.  He is way over paid for his production.  The sweet spot is 2nd and 3rd round for RB because the salary is acceptable and you can run them into the ground and move on.

Many of these 1st round guys end up getting a huge second contract to justify the pick (Zeke, CMC, even Barkley got his option) and they just are not worth it.

Give me Walker in the 2nd or Cook in the 3rd and a premium position in the 1st and I am happier than Hall in the first.

More of a reason to pick up a RB in the first and have the ability to add the 5th year option. Hell, even the franchise tag in a RB is just over $9m which is the 2nd cheapest tag per position in the league behind K/P. Which makes the desire for an early RB make more sense. Especially since you generally get RBs in their prime early in their careers and the drop off in production is steep after about 5 years (based on history). 

Quarterback$29.703 million

Running back$9.570 million

Wide receiver$18.419 million

Tight end$10.931 million

Offensive linemen$16.662 million

Defensive end$17.859 million

Defensive tackle$17.396 million

Linebacker$18.702 million

Cornerback$17.287 million

Safety$12.911 million

Kicker/punter$5.220 million

Edited by mrags
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Bigger and faster than what?  Hall isn’t in our team.  He’s not a Bill……..White IS much bigger and faster than Singletary……what are you talking about?  

I’m saying Hall is bigger and faster than White. Which I’d rather have the biggest and fastest RB with production. Hall > White 

47 minutes ago, Yantha said:

Yeah I'd agree with that.  Definitely adds another layer to defend.

I'll add that an "elite-level" slot WR can also open up the deeper routes.  A dominant interior OL can also help... opening holes no matter which RB is back there.

Who is that WR you are expecting to get that out of at 25?

many would argue that after Jameson, Olave, Garrett, you aren’t getting that. 

if you bring up Sky Moore or Austin I’m gonna throw up. Way too small. 

• Agree 1